PDA

View Full Version : Does wireless printing ...

Nomad
10-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Increase the no. of error pages? Mine tends to print a half page or two and quickly replaces it thou - so results in paper wastage.

Increase the chance of print jobs when sent to printer gets no response. Just before I was printing a few jobs ...

Could be the print server is on Win2k but still if it worked just a moment ago ..

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
So whats the question / prob? It's printing too many pages?

inphinity
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Never had an issue.

John H
11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Never had an issue like that either. I am using an el cheapo DSE print server plugged into a HP LaserJet 2300d/Linksys WAP54G Wireless Access Point, and have been doing so for two years or more without problems. Nightmare software to set up, but once set up it is rock solid and does what it is asked to do.

Nomad
11-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I printed about 8 different jobs
One was 24pg printed 6pg per sheet of paper. DOCX.
The other was just a 2pg (single pg per sheet of paper) PDF.
It printed 2 half pages but automatically printed the replacements.

After printing 8 jobs. I still had 2 jobs left. I sent the job - didn't do anything until both computers did a reboot. I could access shared folders however.

The other thing is the print server is running Windows 2000. Each time do I have to access the print server computer by typing in my login name and the password and also browse the network shared printer - right click and press connect - before I send the print job?