PDA

View Full Version : I4 Apple phone

Ron24
09-03-2011, 10:46 AM
My daughter has one of these fancy phones that does everything except cooking the dinner.

My problem is that when she sends photo's from it, they always arrive upside down. Is this normal from these things or is there some setting that she should fix.

Any help appreciated..Ron..

Chilling_Silence
09-03-2011, 11:25 AM
No, it's definitely not normal. How is she sending the photos?

Gobe1
09-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry i cant resist, "tell her to turn the phone over" Haw Haw

Ron24
09-03-2011, 11:49 AM
No, it's definitely not normal. How is she sending the photos?

They are sent by email and excellent pic's from a phone.

robsonde
09-03-2011, 12:07 PM
My daughter has one of these fancy phones that does everything except cooking the dinner.

My problem is that when she sends photo's from it, they always arrive upside down. Is this normal from these things or is there some setting that she should fix.

Any help appreciated..Ron..

what application are you using to view the photos?

interestingly the jpeg format lets the camera note what way is up, most cameras don't use this function.

the iphone uses the tilt sensor to know which way up images are, what happens is the photo is viewed in another program?
what happens if the phone is held up the other way when taking a photo? (note the photo will look the right way up on the phone regardless)

NOTE:The camera should be at the TOP of the phone, whichever orientation you're taking pictures with.

also what firmware version is the phone?

SolMiester
09-03-2011, 12:18 PM
LOL, i have the same issue, especially when watching video, however the solution is to use quicktime which will automatically flip the video over, as for the photo, any free solution can be used to flip the photos manually...

irfanview!!

Ron24
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
what application are you using to view the photos?

interestingly the jpeg format lets the camera note what way is up, most cameras don't use this function.

the iphone uses the tilt sensor to know which way up images are, what happens is the photo is viewed in another program?
what happens if the phone is held up the other way when taking a photo? (note the photo will look the right way up on the phone regardless)

NOTE:The camera should be at the TOP of the phone, whichever orientation you're taking pictures with.

also what firmware version is the phone?

Thanks for reply and some interesting notes. The photo's are sent in JPEG and come in the usual way by email. I view them in email first and then put them into my Picasa album. They are easy to turn over, but a pain, as she sends such a lot of them and it's such a waste of time. She will be back in Auckland today and will try and find out more about it as you suggest.Regards..Ron..

SolMiester
09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I think robsonde hit the mark, your daughter holds the camera the wrong way around in the 1st instance....like me, however camera hole to the top always!...good to have that clear now!