PDA

View Full Version : Network and local printers disappearing win7

Gobe1
08-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi, i have one user running windows 7 64 bit that has two printers one a local HP1022n and the other a networked Konica minolta

About once every 2-3 weeks both printers disappear and the spool stops working. It takes a complete restore to fix the problem. I have tried updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling printers but nothing seems to work.

Attached is a image of the errors in the reliability monitor. It also show the errors "SpoolerSubSystemApp" and "PrintIsolationHost" have stopped working.

I have googled these and tried the fixes mentioned but the problem always seems to come back.

All other windows 7 users here are fine but this is the only one that has a local printer attached and i am suspecting this maybe
Has anyone seen this and have any ideas?

TIA
Gobe

Speedy Gonzales
08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Did you send the probs to see if a solution comes back?

Gobe1
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah and they still dont have a solution

Barnabas
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
have had this problem with Vista and the 1022n printer causing me grief when printing out pdf files. If this is similar then the solution was to go to the print settings in adobe, advanced and then click print as image. The second solution was to swap printers with the receptionist who was running on XP. Something I didnt try was using foxit pdf reader which may or may not have solved the problem.

Not sure if the above applies to you but might be worth a try.

SolMiester
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi, i have one user running windows 7 64 bit that has two printers one a local HP1022n and the other a networked Konica minolta

About once every 2-3 weeks both printers disappear and the spool stops working. It takes a complete restore to fix the problem. I have tried updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling printers but nothing seems to work.

Attached is a image of the errors in the reliability monitor. It also show the errors "SpoolerSubSystemApp" and "PrintIsolationHost" have stopped working.

I have googled these and tried the fixes mentioned but the problem always seems to come back.

All other windows 7 users here are fine but this is the only one that has a local printer attached and i am suspecting this maybe
Has anyone seen this and have any ideas?

TIA
Gobe

Think you will find that a printer driver is crashing and taking out the spooler subsystem, this in turn removes printers....If the local printer is the only isolating device, try a Postscript driver instead of PCL6

Gobe1
09-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Think you will find that a printer driver is crashing and taking out the spooler subsystem, this in turn removes printers....If the local printer is the only isolating device, try a Postscript driver instead of PCL6

Yeah im suspecting that too now Sol, one of the fixes on google mentions this model specifically..... Might have to get a new printer, it is nearly 5 years old any way

Thanks All