PDA

View Full Version : new web page question

Tony
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Have a look at http://www.ceramics.co.nz/newsite/tourdemo.html. Click on the photo to show the slideshow. Click on the arrows. Unless you have a very tall screen you will have to scroll down to see them. After the picture changes, the page jumps back to the top and you have to scroll down again to see the arrow.

Questions:

Is this normal behaviour or is something I am doing making this happen?
What can I do to stop the display shifting? I know I can solve it by shifting everything up the page - and it may come to that.

BTW please recognise that this is a work-in-progress, so both the page as viewed and the html/css behind it is by no means in a finished state. However any comments on the javascript would also be welcome.

TIA.

dpDesignz
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Its jumping down because it is loading a 'new page' (or it thinks it is) every time. You could try Iframe or flash.

Tony
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Its jumping down because it is loading a 'new page' (or it thinks it is) every time. You could try Iframe or flash.So why does it think it is loading a new page?

The organisation can't afford flash, otherwise I would be using it. (This is a literally zero-budget project. :) ) I thought the use of iframes wasn't recommended these days - or am I wrong?