PDA

View Full Version : Office 2010 updates

chiefnz
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi guys,

We are currently rolling out Office 2010 Pro Plus in our environment but we are having some performance issues with Office 2010 where the application seems to be slowing down such as

1) when you type there is a serious delay in characters appearing on the screen 7-10secs

2) When using copy/paste/cut Word/Windows seems to be non-responsive for about 3-5 secs, CPU usage increases from about 3% to 15%.

This sounds like a minimal period but compared to Office 2007 for the user this is not acceptable.

This issue is only happening with Office 2010 users at present. The issue is not affecting all users on Office 2010, it is mainly occurring for users running Windows XP SP3 but there are those who have XP SP3 and Office 2010 and they are fine. I myself am running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2010 and I have not had any issues.

Before I log a support call with MS I want to update all Office installations with the latest updates for Office 2010, trouble is I cannot find redistributable versions of all the updates that have been released.

Does anyone know where I will be able to download these from.

Thanks,

Deimos
07-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Try here:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com

Why are your clients still on XP? can you not make a case to upgrade to 7? my company is running all windows 7, some 32 and some 64, had no issues with Office 2010 what so ever...

AvonBill
07-03-2011, 10:37 PM
1) when you type there is a serious delay in characters appearing on the screen 7-10secs

2) When using copy/paste/cut Word/Windows seems to be non-responsive for about 3-5 secs, CPU usage increases from about 3% to 15%.

This sounds like a minimal period but compared to Office 2007 for the user this is not acceptable.

You're joking right? Those aren't minimal delays; that's near unusable!

wainuitech
07-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Just doing some reading and one possible solution could be in word its self - give this a try - open word / Review - Under tracking ,change Final Show Markup to Final.

This fixed it for some people.

It also sounds a little like a RAM issue, running out. ?

Assume the XP Computers actually match or exceed all the System Requirements (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-system-requirements-HA101810407.aspx#_Toc250543108) ?

chiefnz
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Changing the review option seemed to fix the issue but this is more a workaround rather than a fix as the user will have to do this each time they open/create a word doc.

All machines have 2GB of RAM or more and are on XP Pro SP3 and all other updates installed including Office 2010 updates (fully updates on those machines users are experiencing the issue on)

Strange thing is this isn't happening with all users?

I have logged a support call with MS so will see what they come up with.

Thanks,

chiefnz
09-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Well it seems this issue may be related to a custom add-in we are using (CUCiMOC)

Had a web session with a MS Engineer and we discovered that Word runs fine without any add-ins on.

Now just a matter of finding out which one... but I'm pretty sure it's CUCiMOC, it has given us a few problems before but not this bad.

I'm leaving the PC running over night with the add-in installed and a Word document open to see if this replicates the issue.

With any luck that will be it.

Will post back with a solution if we find one.

Cheers,