PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 backup

DavidHollis
06-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I want to create a system image of my laptop so that in case of a major problem I can simply copy the image back and be where I was when I took the image - much easier than reinstalling windows, applications, drivers, updates, etc. My question is: how does windows 7 backup program compare to third party programs? I have used Easeus Todo backup and also Macrium Reflect which appear to be good programs but I have just discovered that Windows 7 does the same thing i.e. system image and bootup recovery disk, but is this program as good as the third party ones? Any help would be much appreciated.

wainuitech
06-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Yep it works fine - just direct the backup to an external drive and away you go - make sure you create the bootable CD to use as recovery after it finishes the backup - it will prompt you to make one.

dugimodo
08-03-2011, 11:24 AM
one small tip, don't interrupt the recovery cd when it is searching for backups. Let it finish. (I did this thinking I could manually select the backup but it doesn't work)

In the absence of a bootable recovery disk you can also use the original windows 7 CD to boot from and restore the image.