PDA

View Full Version : LINE IN not working - Windows 7

goodiesguy
05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Since i got Windows 7, i have not been able to get the Line IN function or "what you hear" to work.

The Line in input on my Sound Blaster Audigy is also a Microfone one (it shares the same input.

When i had XP, the line in worked fine. Same with "What you hear(Recording utube etc..)"

I tried doing what i did to fix this when i had vista, but i have not been able to get LINE IN to work.

How do i get it and the "What you hear (Recording utube etc..) to work?

wainuitech
05-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Try this -- First make sure you have the latest Drivers installed.( VERY important)

Then go into the Control Panel - Sound - Under Recording (and playback) right click a blank part of the window - put a tick in 'Show disabled devices" and "Show Disconnected devices"

You may find the Audio card now shows, and you can enable it, then you can play with your settings that wont have been there previously.

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Remember every input has two volume controls, one for the record level (what will be seen by programs accessing the input for recording) and one for the playback\monitor level which is a copy of what you will hear when that input is being used.

You can mute the monitor level so you can't hear what's being recorded or vice versa and end up recording nothing even though you can hear it yourself.

Make sure you have configured both of them properly.

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Try this -- First make sure you have the latest Drivers installed.( VERY important)

Then go into the Control Panel - Sound - Under Recording (and playback) right click a blank part of the window - put a tick in 'Show disabled devices" and "Show Disconnected devices"

You may find the Audio card now shows, and you can enable it, then you can play with your settings that wont have been there previously.

The driver is from october 2009 and it came through windows update. Will their be a newer one?

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Check on Creative's website...

pctek
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
The driver came through windows update.
Don't ever use a driver that isn't off the manufacturers website. Go see what creative has. That's why it's not working.

Trev
06-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I use a SB Audigy2 ZS card which is about 6 years old with Windows 7. Go to Creatives website and click on the support link and there you should find your card. There you should also find an autoupdate option click on that and it will install a small piece of software on your computer and then check if you have the latest drivers. If you don't it will then show you drivers you should have. The one for your card which is the same as mine is CM55_PCAPP_CB_5_26_02 it is 32mb in size. I downloaded and installed this driver on the 23/2/2011.
:)

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I tried downloading the latest driver and it just led me back to the product selection page.

My card is just "Sound Blaster Audigy".

Any ideas why the download link on the website isn't working? as its a newer driver than the one i have.

EDIT: i got it to download. The file is named SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017 and its 40.4mb.

Will this driver damage my windows 7?

as when i tried originally installing the driver from its factory cd, it effed up my windows 7 and i had to reinstall, although that disk could of been trying to install an old XP driver.

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Maybe you have something like Adblock or Noscript which is causing problems.

wainuitech
06-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Which One ? theres several Sound Blaster Audigy's ?

Try This here (http://support.creative.com/Products/product_list.aspx?catid=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster#) - Select Audigy on the left, then Model, then Click Next, select the download, agree to the terms etc - Download should pop up.

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 11:52 AM
It's just "Sound Blaster Audigy" thats what it is. Obviously the first one. It's not too old though, as far as i know.

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 11:56 AM
"SETUP IS UNABLE TO DETECT A SUPPORTED CARD".

wtf?????

It wont update.

EDIT: The disk says "sound blaster audigy 24 bit advanced HD" but the disk is 2005 and is pre vista/7 so i aint even gonna use it.

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
So you picked the wrong drivers?

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I think so. But the problem now is, i cannot find "sound blaster audigy 24 bit advanced HD" on the site, unless its called something else.

Windows 7 device manager just calls it "SB audigy"

wainuitech
06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
You may have to pull out the card, and look on it. There will be the model number and all other details needed - look carefully as sometimes they are not to easily to locate.

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 12:25 PM
OK, i'll do that soon. I just want to get it going great for when i put all my hard drives and dvd drives in my dads pc (as im getting it in a few weeks and im gonna start transfering some VHS's in interlaced MPEG2 and my current pc wont do it with its 1.4ghz cpu, wheras my dads with his gigabyte 2.4ghz cpu does it perfectly.)

Trev
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Try the second driver down in the list Here (http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=4847&prodName=Sound Blaster Audigy&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_4847,VARSET=CategoryID:1) as that is the one I'm using and the one the autoupdater selects.
:)

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 03:59 PM
wheras my dads with his gigabyte 2.4ghz cpu does it perfectly.)

I didn't know Gigabyte made CPUs... :confused:

goodiesguy
06-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Gigabyte is the MOBO, and The CPU is AMD. I got them mixed up.

A gigabyte MOBO has sure gotta be better than the crappy ECS KM400A Pro i've got now.

Agent_24
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
ECS boards would be OK with decent capacitors. It's the main problem with them...