PDA

View Full Version : How to record audio streams

01-10-2001, 10:02 AM
I'm a great supporter of soccer in Germany.But they play late at night .is tere any way to sat up the computer and record the live audio stream on www.hsv.de
Tanks for any help

01-10-2001, 11:03 AM
The easiest way is probably to plug your computer into a stereo or tape recorder. Just grab a 3mm to 3mm plug, or a 3mm to RCA plug if your stereo has two plugs for line in (a red one and a black one) Then just flick your stereo to Aux In or Video or whatever its called, and set up a timer record to a blank casette. The only big problem is how reliable your internet connection is.. ie is it going to stay connected right to the end of the game.

01-10-2001, 11:23 AM
Just adding a bit to what Iain says, since reel to reel tape recorders are not common nowadays, it it difficult to record over 90 minutes.
A VCR used as a sound tape recorder will give you 3 hours.
Cheers

01-10-2001, 09:19 PM
You might like to grab a 'keep alive' type program also so your ISP doesn't kick you off after a time of inactivity. And the score was ....................

01-10-2001, 11:44 PM
I don't know the format of the stream, but you may be able to save it to disk.

If you can then you can set getright (www.getright.com) to start downloading at a specific time.

03-10-2001, 01:21 PM
You can record the audio off a streaming feed using Total Recorder @ http://www.highcriteria.com/productfr.htm#prod_TR
It isn't free though..?!?!?

I use StreamBox myself, but that's another story...

A.