PDA

View Full Version : PCL Driveers printing Ricoh printers on adhoc P2P network

Maui
02-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Kia ora tatou,

Our organization has a relationship with an outsourcing company as a result we have an adhoc P2P network connecting about 60 netbooks to various models of Ricoh printers.

It has been decided to setup a local machine to print onto the adhoc network printers.

While we can print without issue using the cloud to these network printers I would like to know how to install the PCL or similar device drivers to print locally.

We would welcome step by step instruction on how to install printer drivers for a variety of printers e.g. Ricoh Aficio MP 171, Ricoh Aficio MP 7001 Ricoh Aficio MP C2*** etc to print from a local machine to printers connected via network switch.

The above printer models are all visible on the Netbooks but prompt you for a driver when setting up.

Any thoughts welcome.

Gobe1
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
What operating systems are you using?
We have ours (Konica) setup as local printers so i could help

And you will need the latest PCL drivers also, have you got these?

Gobe1
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
This is my XP way:
Go to Printers and faxes
Add a printer
select local printer
deselect automatically detect and install
select create new port, use drop down and select standard TCP/IP
Insert IP address of printer, ignore name but you can make this what ever you want
Standard generic network card
finish
browse for drivers and you should be all go

Windows 7 is similar procedure but looks different
If you use Windows 7 make sure you deselect the find drivers automatically otherwise it will install windows ones and they are a bit basic

Let us know how you are getting on :)

Chilling_Silence
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Maui,

You should be able to go to Ricoh.co.nz, under Downloads, and select one of your model devices. If it has the "PCL6 driver for universal print", you can download / install that, and it will work for potentially a hundred-odd devices.

Otherwise, give them a call on their freephone number 0800 80 76 76 :)