PDA

View Full Version : overclocking problem

29-09-2001, 02:56 PM
firstly thank you very much to everyone who recently replied to my posting.

but my question now is, because i never got the motherboard manual since buying the computer, how do i locate the jumper (or switches as some of you said) what does it look like? where is it located? by the way, i have a socket 5 motherboard.

29-09-2001, 04:15 PM
What is the brand and model number of your mother board

29-09-2001, 09:06 PM
The problem you face is that no 2 boards are the same, so that without the manual or if the jumper settings are not printed on the board, then it is impossible to set them with any meaning, or to tell you where they are.
To describe for you what jumpers actually are: There are 2 or more parallel rows of pins 0.1 inch spacing, and certain of these pins are shorted out or 'bridged' with usually black square shaped thingies.
There will most probably be several groups of these pins for setting other things like cpu voltage, whether the cpu is an Intel, Cyrix, or AMD etc etc.

29-09-2001, 10:33 PM
Oh thanks, i found it but how do you set it. by joinging wires or what? thank you very much for you're reply. hope you can tell me how to set it...

30-09-2001, 02:33 AM
Find out the make of the board and go to the site and usually u can download a manual for it the revision etc of the board is usually on the outside edge of the bottom ISA(Black slot) on the board Otherwise post the make and model and we can help otherwise we cant do brain surgery blindfolded

30-09-2001, 10:42 AM
Thanks for you're reply, but i've found it, i just don't know how to set it.