PDA

View Full Version : radio

29-09-2001, 01:37 PM
whenever i download radio stations to listen to while surfing the net...they all skip...(the volume goes on then off then on then off etc,etc)...like they won't just keep streaming...WHY??..can someone please help me...is it in my settings,,,setup,,,,music players,,,in my configurations...i am lost..

29-09-2001, 03:10 PM
Michael You can only have streaming audio if your download speed is fast enough, otherwise you have to download the file then run it. The speed needed depends on the quality of the source but you probably need around 33kbps for relible results. Quality is likely to be better when the net is not busy. Jetstream will give you streaming video and audio but at a cost.

30-09-2001, 08:56 AM
Yeah streaming on limited connection can be a pain but you can also increase the size of your buffer which helps to average out the highs & lows. Programs like Realplayer give you the option to increase the buffer size - View/Preferences/Connection, & increase the buffer of bits stored before playing. WinMedia probably has this option too, but haven't checked. Also always try to stream from sites close to home eg OZ & NZ as these will generally be faster expecially at the less busy times of the day as mentioned above.