PDA

View Full Version : Vista Password

B.M.
17-02-2011, 06:21 AM
How does one reset the passwords in Vista?

Google suggests all sorts of programmes and methods but Iíd rather one thatís proven reliable.

The computer is owned by a Philippine woman with a tribe of kids all blaming the other for it getting changed.

On the other hand, I suppose it could have been hit by a virus thatís corrupted it or changed it.

Either way, it needs to be fixed and as always all suggestions appreciated. :thanks

gary67
17-02-2011, 06:53 AM
NT password can do it

wainuitech
21-02-2011, 05:25 PM
NT password can do it More than likely the best free one :D

There are a few others , but last time links got posted to these, they got deleted by the Mods as some are considered pirating, since the originals are paid software.

With the the right software (paid versions) it takes a matter of seconds to remove/alter the passwords.

GameJunkie
21-02-2011, 05:44 PM
More than likely the best free one :D

There are a few others , but last time links got posted to these, they got deleted by the Mods as some are considered pirating, since the originals are paid software.

With the the right software (paid versions) it takes a matter of seconds to remove/alter the passwords.

does it work for W7 aswell??

gary67
21-02-2011, 05:46 PM
haven't tried it for Win7

wainuitech
21-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Personally I dont use NT Password - to much mucking about :D - and I have known it to fail several times.

There are others That I use, but they are paid ones, and work on everything windows based - from home machines to servers.

one I came across - it says it works on Vista - but I cant test it, as I dont have any Vista PC's :yuck: I did try it on XP and it worked fine.

Its called Trinity Rescue (http://www.trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT____CPR_FOR_YO UR_COMPUTER&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en) Its free -- its 145MB, you burn the ISO and boot from it.

To remove the password :

Boot from the CD, let it load -
Then select Windows Password Resetting
Interactive Winpass
Select 1 ( assuming its the main drive)
Select 1 (again)
Enter the user name from the list
Options: remove password
Follow last line of instructions - basically hitting the ! and q where asked, reboot normally, and password is removed.

I did try resetting the password, and it totally turned to custard - god knows what it reset to - so had to use one of my other programs to reset again, Tried removing instead this time it worked.

wainuitech
21-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Apart from the fact that posts 3 & 8 are :spam - leading to paid software from 1st time poster(s) ;)

reinstallation will be your only choice. What a load of bull !!!

You can remove, change passwords in any windows OS, without those paid pieces of software.

wainuitech
21-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Spam removed :thanks Mods