PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a New Zealand Proxy service

stu161204
15-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Me and mum are heading over to the Uk in a few weeks time to visit my family there and to go to a wedding.

While I am over there I want to watch TVNZ ondemand and TV3 ondemand. (As I am going to have a couple of night to my self, as the Girls are going to have a Girls night out!)

Any one know of any NZ Proxy server or VPNís I could use so I can do this on my laptop?

Cato
15-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I doubt you will be in luck. Inter-NZ bandwidth is mostly free a lot of money could be saved using proxies/NZ VPN services. I would also expect TV on demand et al to block known proxy server/VPN ips.

You're probably best off setting up a VPN server on your own system in NZ and asking turn it on for you.
(EDIT: It'll be agonizingly slow too - limited by your upload speed)

psycik
15-02-2011, 06:36 PM
you're probably better off buying yourself a recording device for when you get home and making do with whatever uk content you can find over there.

Erayd
15-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I can provide this service for you if you're willing to pay the data charges... International bandwidth ain't cheap!

:pf1mobmini:

linw
16-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Pretty sad watching NZ TV on your own in the UK! Find a girl for your own girl night out?