PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home Edition

28-09-2001, 08:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can load/run Office 97 Professional on the new Windows XP operating system. I would like to know before purchasing a new computer.

28-09-2001, 08:48 PM
I can't think of any reason why not, its a win32 app.

Have a look at the MS XP site it has a link to compatable programs.

30-09-2001, 01:09 PM
Being a 'Good' Microsoft product I wouldn't imagine any problems with Office97 running on XP. However it'll be very interesting to see what happens with other 'evil empire' product support eg StarOffice in the future though :-)

01-10-2001, 10:26 AM
Microsoft have provided a tool to check if you system is compatabile, 'Windows XP Upgrade Advisor'. The Upgrade Advisor is a tool that checks your system hardware and software to see if it is ready for upgrade to Windows XP. This program is runs before any Windows XP installation.

The Upgrade advisor can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
but be warned that it is over 50Mb. Maybe PC World could include it on one of their CD's some time.

Windows XP may compatiblity issues is with older 16 bit DOS applications. The newer 32 bit applications should all still work.