PDA

View Full Version : W7 Ent

SolMiester
11-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Windows Live movie maker wont play on my work PC, Q6600 4Gb RAM, changed the GPU to NV210 which is DX10.1 from the ATI DX8 card but program still wont start.
Same for Windows DVD Maker....
Anyone have any idea...Oh updated drivers to Jan 2011

inphinity
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Any errors, either popups or in event logs?

SolMiester
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Any errors, either popups or in event logs?

Only message is 'sorry, Movie Maker cant start, make sure your computer meets requirements, try update your video card drivers!

Nothing in event log!

dxdiag DDI version is unknown!

wainuitech
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Dont know if it would have any effect - but did you uninstall the ATI drivers before install nvidia ?

inphinity
11-02-2011, 02:10 PM
dxdiag DDI version is unknown!

Thats why, then. Either video driver issue, or directx issue. I'd reinstall DirectX (the 9.0c redist and the latest redist) then do a clean uninstall & reinstall of video drivers.

SolMiester
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Dont know if it would have any effect - but did you uninstall the ATI drivers before install nvidia ?

LOL, good question, however the PC fell over.....I actually think its time for a clean build...uninstalled the card in DM, then the damn screen went black, so started in safe mode after swapping cards, uninstalled ATI then reboot and install new drivers.....
If you have a DX10 card, isnt windows supposed to use the new WDDM 2.0 instead of Vistas 1.0?....

wainuitech
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Not to sure about the WDDM2.0

If you want to really rip out any of the graphic drives use Driversweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/) that really thenm out, far better than the bundled uninstaller.

SolMiester
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Thats why, then. Either video driver issue, or directx issue. I'd reinstall DirectX (the 9.0c redist and the latest redist) then do a clean uninstall & reinstall of video drivers.

Hey bud, step ahead of you there...already tried DX9c..interestingly enough, not sure about installing it as apparently, Im on DX11 already.....Said I was on latest version!

I think this W7 build is a wee bit suspect anyway, several Virtualisation programs, office installs etc.....i struggles to login to the domain!! blah blah!