PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Broadband Usage Meter

Happy Harry
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
For those who log onto this website to check their Broadband usage, be aware that there is an issue with the site.
For reasons known only to Telecom/Xtra, the authenification of users log on and password is more likely to fail than it will work
Xtra have told me that the issue has been happening since the 29th Jan and as yet, they have not been able to identify the problem let alone come up with a fix.
Just a heads up in case you think your losing your marbles and typing in the wrong user--password info.

Cheers
HH

PENTIUM
08-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes.
Until they do something, nothing much will change.

dugimodo
08-02-2011, 02:56 PM
works fine for me, I use the my telecom login and not the user name one personally. Perhaps it makes a difference ?

wratterus
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah the 'My Telecom' one normally works, the other one has never worked for me.

led brick
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
its algoods for me

inphinity
08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Never had a problem, are you sure you're using your account login and not a mailbox login?

Happy Harry
09-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi One and all
This problem "is" an XTRA problem.
It works sometimes and sometimes not.
XTRA BB Help Desk confirmed it on 5 of their own PCs, trying to log on using my details. 3 worked, 2 didn't and then 2 of the 3 didn't work.
It was only after I refused to get off the phone and I insisted there was a problem, that they proved to themselves that there was.
Once I got to what they termed as level 3 helpdesk, only then did I get an admission that there were other users with similar problems.
It does not effect all users.
Cheers HH

Cato
09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
For those who log onto this website to check their Broadband usage, be aware that there is an issue with the site.
For reasons known only to Telecom/Xtra, the authenification of users log on and password is more likely to fail than it will work
Xtra have told me that the issue has been happening since the 29th Jan and as yet, they have not been able to identify the problem let alone come up with a fix.
Just a heads up in case you think your losing your marbles and typing in the wrong user--password info.

Cheers
HH

I have had a problem logging in every now and then over the years. But it seems to work these days.

Being on the 40 gig plan where I have to pay for going over the allocation, I would be very unhappy if I couldn't check usage. Hell I'd demand a refund.