PDA

View Full Version : Windows Firewall.

Poppa John
04-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi All

I have the above on the computer. But,when I start the comp I have to turn it on. It does NOT come on automaticaly. Why not?

I also have Privatefirewall 7.0, which I am trying. Could this be affecting Windows Firewall?

I do realise that I should only run one FW. Thanks. PJ

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Thats why because youre running another firewall. Its probably disabled the windows firewall. And youre right, only 1 firewall should be running, or they'll conflict

kahawai chaser
04-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I have private firewall on my XP desktop, but don't require for W7 laptop. Good simple firewall, but can get numerous pop up's when downloading/installing some programs, and will stop them from installing including certain SP updates. So need to train it so it knows.

mikebartnz
04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi All

I have the above on the computer. But,when I start the comp I have to turn it on. It does NOT come on automaticaly. Why not?

I also have Privatefirewall 7.0, which I am trying. Could this be affecting Windows Firewall?

I do realise that I should only run one FW. Thanks. PJ
You don't say what version of Windows you are running as Vista and 7 have a proper one already where as WinXp only has one that stops incoming but not outgoing.

Poppa John
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
You don't say what version of Windows you are running as Vista and 7 have a proper one already where as WinXp only has one that stops incoming but not outgoing.

XP Home SP3. Have deleted Privatefirewall 7.0 for the moment. So now I have MSSE & Windows Firewall. I am somewhat confused now, I don't know which to settle on. A pity Nod32 doesn't have a Free version.PJ.