PDA

View Full Version : adsl install problem

26-09-2001, 03:28 PM
Recently had adsl installed, no problem. Installed ni 200,no problem. Cant use jetstart however as everytime I try to connect I recieve error 650:The sever you are dialing into does not respond to a network request. The line is fine and so is the modem, so I guess it has something to do with the network settings??

27-09-2001, 11:18 AM
hi Andrew,
I suggest you check out the NZ ADSL mailing list. You can subscribe and search the archives here:

http://unixathome.org/adsl/

29-09-2001, 08:38 PM
Andrew.

This might be a silly question, but if you haven't resolved your access problem yet, have you formatted your logon correctly? You will already have an Xtra logon & password but I had a similar problem and got the error 650 message after install when I wasn't using a Telecom modem.

After much messing about and no help from Xtra I found that the logon had to have an an extra component added over and above the original that I set up when I opened the Xtra account. The format is:
[yourlogon].xadsl@xtra.co.nz

If this is not the way you are set up it might be the answer. I assume that you installed the Ni200 using the CD which automatically sets the VPI and VCI settings (0 & 100) and the communication protocol (PPP over ATM). If any of these are wrong you won't connect either. I use an Ni500 and initially didn't realise that the CD would do all the setup except logon & password automatically and very nearly went down the manual setup road. Under manual setup it is real easy to miss a vital setting.

Regards

John