PDA

View Full Version : install OS on new pc

hammer
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
ok .. i thought this would be a piece of cake. brought a pc without an OS got it unpacked. Have original windows cd .. but screen only gets to "verifying DMI Pool Data...."
and i cant get anything a happening.
think i am having another senior moment but i know it quicker to ask you guys (& girls)

?

hammer
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
after 10-15mins it now says
" AMD Data Change.. Update New Data to DMI! "

wainuitech
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
The BIOS setting may be wrong on the Motherboard.

Have you altered any of them ?

First thing - make sure the date and time are correct in the BIOS.

If that doesn't work, what you can try, is go into the BIOS and locate and check that ACPI is enabled.

Since you have not mentioned what Motherboard you have purchased its a little hard to tell you exactly where the setting will be. Normally under the Power Management someplace.

Edited:
ok .. i thought this would be a piece of cake. when nothing goes wrong it is, as many people find out when something turns pear shaped - time to learn ;)

CYaBro
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Also check that the HDD is being detected in the BIOS.
If you are installing XP then you probably also want to set the SATA mode to IDE rather than AHCI otherwise it won't see the HDD during the setup.

feersumendjinn
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Also have you set your boot order (in the BIOS, press f8 while booting to access) to boot from the optical drive first?

hammer
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
thanks everyone... had a strong coffee and got the brain awake and sussed it. yeah only needed boot order sorted. thks