PDA

View Full Version : Just Energy

bestie
22-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi, had a call today from Just Energy offering to slash my power bills by about 5%.
Anyone have any experience of them and are they good, bad or otherwise?

Cheers

Snorkbox
23-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I recently had bad experiences with Genesis so I would not recommend them.

Be careful and what area do you live in?

wmoore
23-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Only 5% goodness I would be asking for more discount. A lot of these companies offer you a lower price, and then a few months down the line increase their prices.

pctek
23-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I recently had bad experiences with Genesis so I would not recommend them.

What bad experiences with them?

coldfront
23-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Lets put it this way if they are offering 5% less than the competition and do not lock you into any contract period then you are free to do as you like and get cheaper bills.

How often do you ring an electricity company with a problem??? Only problem is going to be how the meter has not been read and even thats not a problem.

gary67
23-01-2011, 08:27 AM
We will be switching to Mercury soon as they are consistently cheaper than Contact and they read the meter every month its in the contract

Trev
23-01-2011, 09:22 AM
I use Energy Online which are one of the cheaper power companys. You get 20% discount if the bill is paid on time. Check out Consumers Power Switch. http://www.consumer.org.nz/powerswitch
:)

CliveM
23-01-2011, 01:16 PM
The early payment discount is just the flip side of a late payment penalty. Weasle words!

It never ceases to amaze me how much vunerable (uneducated) people are exploited.
Paying on time and paying cash up front for goods and services actualy saves you a lot of money.

WalOne
23-01-2011, 03:07 PM
The early payment discount is just the flip side of a late payment penalty. Weasle words!

It never ceases to amaze me how much vunerable (uneducated) people are exploited.
Paying on time and paying cash up front for goods and services actualy saves you a lot of money.

The discounted amount for payment on time is in fact the retail price the supplier wants. If you don't pay on time, you pay extra. Put another way, they fine you for being late.

robbyp
23-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi, had a call today from Just Energy offering to slash my power bills by about 5%.
Anyone have any experience of them and are they good, bad or otherwise?

Cheers

Slash your power bill, and 5% don't really compute. 5% is hardly a big discount. You get more than that by paying early with some providers.

Ask them to send you all the details. I never deal with cold callers and telemarketing companies..

bestie
25-01-2011, 08:44 AM
I did ask them to put the offer in writing which they have done (yesterday), 5% is the difference in what I would save on current bill after all the prompt payment discounts etc. On a winter bill it might be 8%
Their unit rate is 2 cents lower than contact but daily rate 7 cents more.

The consumer link site puts Just Energy as my cheapest option for Nelson but there is no service rating - was hoping there may be some feedback on service levels - although I have only contacted my current supplier about 3 times in 20 years.

pctek
25-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I use Energy Online which are one of the cheaper power companys. You get 20% discount if the bill is paid on time. Check out Consumers Power Switch. http://www.consumer.org.nz/powerswitch
:)

I just changed to them, liked the 20%. They are owned by genesis now.
Consumer not only has the price comaprison thing, they also have a listing of Power Cos, ranked by best service too.