PDA

View Full Version : HTC

The Error Guy
18-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Just got an HTC HD2, I must say. the boot screen is a true reflection of "quietly brilliant" in fact, its so brilliant it won't go away. Hard reset to no avail :p

Ah well, back to the shop!

Erayd
18-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Which OS does that come with? Wikipedia reckons it's only officially shipped with Windows Mobile 6.5, but that seems like a very strange choice for such a recent device; 6.5 was effectively obsolete the day it was released and has been going downhill ever since.

The Error Guy
19-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Its not *mine* either, technically it belongs to the NZ Govt. Yeah, it was running 6.5 (gasp) I nearly crapped myself when I saw that on the box. too bad they have to put up with all the security stuff and the windows based sync, otherwise i'd flash the ROM with FroYo or gingerbread.

6.5 doesnt look that bad GUI wise but some things are a bit weird like when you return to the home screen you are greeted by a big glassy lens flare type affair that blots the screen. also, they made shocking use of the "status" bar or whatever that bar is called at the top of the screen where all the reception an status icons are located. very cluttered.

Again, if it was mine and for some weird reason I bought it I'd have a good month of tweaking the living s*** out of it, there is a massive forum dedicated to changing every aspect of the phone, my type of work!

Cato
19-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Its not *mine* either, technically it belongs to the NZ Govt.

Are you... a spy??? :cool:

gary67
19-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Bond, Error Bond at your service. Have you got an Aston or did we too sell out to the Germans and so your stuck with BMW

Siobhan Keogh
19-01-2011, 09:14 AM
It's funny you guys should say this, because I noticed HTC/Telecom are advertising the HTC Touch 2 as a "Windows phone" (note the lowercase p) but it's actually running Windows Mobile 6.5. Little bit misleading if you ask me.

Chilling_Silence
19-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah that's pretty cheeky ....

johcar
19-01-2011, 09:41 AM
It's funny you guys should say this, because I noticed HTC/Telecom are advertising the HTC Touch 2 as a "Windows phone" (note the lowercase p) but it's actually running Windows Mobile 6.5. Little bit misleading if you ask me.

Possibly, but if anyone is dumb enough to buy ANY phone running Windows (any version, including the latest), they deserve what they get!!!

Chilling_Silence
19-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Haha, snap! :D

Siobhan Keogh
19-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I own a WP7 phone (although I didn't buy it) and I think it's actually pretty good, although I recognise it'll be obsolete soon enough.

Chilling_Silence
19-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I had a bit of a play with a mates Trophy7. It was a nice phone, don't get me wrong, but I found myself constantly frustrated with the UI. Each to their own I suppose ;)

The Error Guy
19-01-2011, 01:09 PM
FYI, we are no longer 007, that SO last decade. They call the elites 00VISTA with a OEM license to kill

johcar
19-01-2011, 02:24 PM
FYI, we are no longer 007, that SO last decade. They call the elites 00VISTA with a OEM license to kill

Just read the EULA very carefully...

gary67
19-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Lucky its not an Apple EULA otherwise you would be trained to kill but only when they say so and then only in white

The Error Guy
19-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Hmm, with the bad apple I have to own a Mac, i'm only allowed to kill certain things in certain ways... screw this! jailbreak!!

I wonder if they will give us a new phone today?