http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/4549243/I-hate-going-to-work-Vodafone-dealer

That's pretty horrific.

Chilling_Silence
17-01-2011, 01:46 PM
:O

pctek
17-01-2011, 02:07 PM
You wait.

Telstra will be next. Their Aussie dealers have already been complaining and I left because of their melt-down they're having.

mikebartnz
17-01-2011, 02:37 PM
As long as the problems stay in Aussie I don't care.

gary67
17-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I still wouldn't switch to Telecod, I have had flawless service from Vodafone for the 10 years I have been with them here and the 5 years in the UK before that

Battleneter2
17-01-2011, 06:11 PM
don't suppose anyone thought to check if the cell towers are under water :P

robbyp
17-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I think telecom is streets ahead these days. Their network is better and more modern for a start and they have invested heaps in it.

Gobe1
19-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I still wouldn't switch to Telecod, I have had flawless service from Vodafone for the 10 years I have been with them here and the 5 years in the UK before that

Yep, but like telecom they will have to upgrade their systems at some stage, it wont last forever. We are with Vodafone here and they seem fine. Hope it stays that way

paulw
19-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I think telecom is streets ahead these days. Their network is better and more modern for a start and they have invested heaps in it.

I agree. I have fones on all three carrier and find XT to have the best coverage. Voda and 2D have the advantage that if their 3G fails they can fallback to GSM but how long will that last in this tech age with LTE just around the corner....

coldfront
20-01-2011, 06:26 AM
I agree. I have fones on all three carrier and find XT to have the best coverage. Voda and 2D have the advantage that if their 3G fails they can fallback to GSM but how long will that last in this tech age with LTE just around the corner....

You do realise that there are only two mobile phone networks and that 2 degrees only shares on the Vodafone network so has the same coverage.

One thing I recnetly discovered is that an unlocked handset that (Nokia 3310) that I got fixed will not handle the 2 dgrees sim cards. I did ask their tech spec people about it the response was its an old handset :annoyed:

Kicking myself for letting the Vodafone sim card I had in it expire. BUT have found my Virgin UK sim card still works in it...although at 95 pence per minute I can not see me making many calls :clap

btw, Agree about XT coverage around here it is the best

PaulD
20-01-2011, 08:03 AM
2 degrees have their own network in some places (AK WGTN CH Queenstown)

Myth
20-01-2011, 09:19 AM
SWMBO is using Vodafone and I can't stand it. She sends a text to me which arrives anything up to 24 hours later, and then when you try and call her; the phone rings once then goes straight to answerphone. I ask her later, and she said the phone (Sony Ericsson - less than 2 years old) never rung :confused:

I also know of a staff member at HN, who has a nice LG vodafone who has to walk all round the carpark to get any reception.
This is in spite of the fact that at the end of the carpark closest to his work area, there is a Vodafone tower :waughh:

gary67
20-01-2011, 11:29 AM
SWMBO is using Vodafone and I can't stand it. She sends a text to me which arrives anything up to 24 hours later, and then when you try and call her; the phone rings once then goes straight to answerphone. I ask her later, and she said the phone (Sony Ericsson - less than 2 years old) never rung :confused:

I also know of a staff member at HN, who has a nice LG vodafone who has to walk all round the carpark to get any reception.
This is in spite of the fact that at the end of the carpark closest to his work area, there is a Vodafone tower :waughh:

Doesn't happen to me every text I send to SWMBO and every time I call her at least twice a week goes through in an instant yet she works in the area with the worst telecom coverage and we live in an area with dodgy coverage on all networks

mikebartnz
20-01-2011, 07:22 PM

With texts I have usually found Telecom to be the problem with delays.
If the phone is only ringing once there is probably a problem with it and not Vodafone.
With the HN guy he is obviously right underneath and that is why he has problems. I will test it sometime.

coldfront
20-01-2011, 07:39 PM
2 degrees have their own network in some places (AK WGTN CH Queenstown)

Is that right where you read that? But that aside the areas they have their own cell towers you mentioned have good cover with XT and Vodafone now anyways.

Most people who seem to be experiancing problems with delayed Text tend to be in high volume cell usage areas. In lower usage tower areas there is spare capacity.

Remember what used to happen on New Years eve in the early part of this century? To much usage at midnight caused the networks to collapse, now they put safeguards in place to avoid that happening. Same thing in the event of a major incident the cells towers only link 111 calls.

I once worked for Orange in the UK learned a bit in the early days of pre pay cellphoones, ironic how the bluetooth and many of the inovations that were fiction when I worked there are taken for granted now days.

Also learned a lot from Cell Coverage overloads as well.

paulw
21-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Is that right where you read that?

Unless your being sarcastic anyone reading this group and being tech savvy will know this..

sarel
21-01-2011, 10:28 AM
SWMBO is on Vodaphone - no problems. Txts are quick. I'm on XT, due to my work, again no problems except when the XT network is down. Last few months have been good on XT. Between us - no problems.

sarel

coldfront
21-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Unless your being sarcastic anyone reading this group and being tech savvy will know this..

It was a serious question. As I live in none of the places mentioned as far as I was aware 2 degrees worked off the back of the Vodafone network only.

I asked 2 degrees the same question about the use of Telecom cells and the person I spoke to told me they are using Vodafone only. Probably the way I asked the question which gave me the impression they did not have their own network.

Either way it did confirm to me that 2 degrees does not have coverage in areas not already served by vodafone.

If that has offended you then sorry for getting involved in the topic.

mikebartnz
22-01-2011, 01:20 AM
If that has offended you then sorry for getting involved in the topic.
Live and learn.:)