PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding e-mails

mick
14-01-2011, 06:42 PM
When I forward a e-mail with a attachment from Gmail the person receiving the mail doesn't receive the attachment ( picture ). This has only just started happening, had no trouble before.

Mick :thanks

pctek
14-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Forward it to yourself? Do you recieve it? If so, problem at other end.
If not, when you select Forward, does it have the attachment at that stage (before you hit send)?
What email program are you using?
I had a weird issue like that ages ago with Thunderbird. Thunderbird version 1 I think.
Can't remember what I did now - something suggested off their site.

mick
15-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Sent mail from my gmail to my hotmail address,NO photo's went through. So the trouble must be the settings on my Gmail.

FoxyMX
16-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Gmail has changed something recently as I am having the same issue receiving emails from a couple of friends who use Gmail. Previously the pictures were included in their emails but now there are just empty spaces but other attachments such as videos and links come through OK.

Edit: Have just seen this on Gmail's FAQ:

We are aware of an issue where users are having problems forwarding messages with inline images, as the images are not appearing for the recipients of the email. While we investigate the issue, please try using another browser.

I use Opera and am still unable to forward attachments so using another browser is a copout.

wainuitech
16-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Just tried using my gmail account to my work account (telstra) and it worked perfectly. Used both Opera and FF.

When you have an attachment - is there a tick in the box next to it ?

One of the 4 that I sent took a few moments to have the tick appear.

FoxyMX
16-01-2011, 04:07 PM
We can send attachments to others in new emails but cannot forward emails with attachments. So emails that my friends have received that contain pictures that are then forwarded to me do not have the pictures.

Perhaps Gmail is trying to prevent the distribution of joke emails around the world. :rolleyes:

wainuitech
16-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Just retried it and it worked fine :confused:

Sent a Email with 3 attachments (pictures) from Yahoo to Gmail, then forwarded them from Gmail onto My account at Telstra/Paradise. All pictures arrived at both locations.

Every thing from Yahoo and Gmail was done Via Web Based. Possibly if someone is using Gmail within a email program on their PC, that may be causing a problem ?