http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10699536

Would that be considered a fair trade?
:eek:

pctek
14-01-2011, 11:51 AM
No. Throw them back

ubergeek85
15-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I can't decide what's worse for the kids, ending up in CYFs care or going back to their parents.

Glad it's not my call.

Cato
15-01-2011, 01:12 AM
I can't decide what's worse for the kids, ending up in CYFs care or going back to their parents.

Glad it's not my call.

Going back with mum.

Most animals wouldn't just ditch their kids like that...

She was probably high, or wasted all her dole money to get high and couldn't afford the food.

bk T
15-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh, Dear!

What's wrong with our society?

Paul.Cov
15-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Some kids seriously lack a household with any suitable role models.

I once had a lady with her kid visit me at work.
The kid was pushing a toy car around. Most kids would go "Brrrrroooom" to imitate the engine sounds. Her kid was just repating over and over "Stolen car, stolen car"

Guess what he wants to be when he grows up?

Bobh
15-01-2011, 08:34 PM
The unfortunate thing about these kids is that they are being brought up in an environment where they think that shoplifting and theft is the norm. When they are caught comitting similar crimes they will be asking, "What have I done wrong?". On the other hand the police may be unable to do anything because of their age.

WalOne
15-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I got to talking to a security officer at a well known department store recently, and he was showing me the various cam views by which he was able to keep shoppers under surveillance. He pointed out a mum and her three shoeless kiddies wandering around the store, then heading for the shoe section. Ten minutes later Mum and her three kiddies - now all wearing shoes - were apprehended, merchandise recovered, then all sent on their way.

The store doesn't want to cause a ruckus, or charge the shoplifters, they just want their merchandise back.

But these kiddies are being raised into a life of crime. We all know where they are headed to in their later years: disdain for other people and their belongings, a "this is my right", a "this is owed to me" mentality.

:angry