PDA

View Full Version : TP-Link TL-WA730RE - anyone used one?

wratterus
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Haven't had the need to get a wireless range extender for quite some time, and am a bit out of touch with what's good.

The TP-Link (http://www.tp-link.com/ca/products/productDetails.asp?class=wlan&pmodel=TL-WA730RE) looks just perfect, and at a great price too. Can anyone comment on this, or recommend another one?

And before you guys mention Tomato etc, I know I can do that, but this is far less time consuming and probably cheaper. :)

Chilling_Silence
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
TP-Link are cheap and nasty in my experience with their ADSL routers and WAPs. Personally, I'd find something else, though I've never used their "range extenders", so they *may* be the exception, but I doubt it ....

Still, PriceSpy have them listed cheap, so it may be worth you grabbing one, just to prove me wrong, and if I'm right then hock it off on TradeMe to somebody less fortunate ;)

wratterus
11-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Cheers. :)

I've personally had very good experiences with TP-Link - we've been selling pretty much solely their ADSL and wireless gear for almost 2 years, and the failures we've seen so far from hundreds of devices are still in single digits.

They also have a 3 year warranty - how many consumer brands offer that?

Chilling_Silence
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Ah well, go for it! :)

We've got one of their AP's at work coz they were too cheap to buy a replacement for the Linksys they've had for like 3 years ... It needs a reboot every second day :(

wratterus
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Hmm so PB were showing stock, now they've decided they aren't selling them at all. buggery.