PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad click no more....

password
11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey guys, Have not been around in a Loooong time!

In the spirit of the new year, I present to you a challenge!

I turned on my laptop (Sony Viao VGN-NS25G, Win 7 Ult) and to my dismay, I found that the Left click button and touch pad "tap to click" wont work. The touch pad itsself works fine and so does the right click, But not the tap and left click. I have been though all of google and not found anything, I have also backed up and re-installed to factory default vista (Backup Partition) and just stock its no go.

The twist is, the Synaptics program has a "mood reader" and a "Pressure graph" that is registering the taps and the movements, This has made me head hurt worse!!!:waughh:

Everything is stock, Anymore got anyother ideas? The Bios had nothing about it and my head is about to burst!

Chilling_Silence
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
There's usually an option under Synaptics to enable / disable it?

password
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Nope its all on default, I have just installed to stock and its all enabled, Im just using usb mouse right now, Any other ideas?

password
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Got everyone stumped Eh!

wratterus
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Tried removing the synaptics software all together?

Have you got a ubuntu disk handy to test it works outside of windows?

password
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, Reinstalled with factory drivers and also the most recent drivers.

No i don't have a live disks about, Wish i did, To be honest, i think the left click is broken, but that should not stop the tap to click from working will it?

wratterus
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, Reinstalled with factory drivers and also the most recent drivers.

No i don't have a live disks about, Wish i did, To be honest, i think the left click is broken, but that should not stop the tap to click from working will it?

It shouldn't, unless it's jamming it somehow. Can't really see that happening though.

password
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
It shouldn't, unless it's jamming it somehow. Can't really see that happening though.

Ok, I have had a little break through, I changed the left/right click around, now i am using right click for left and the tap to touch is working... But if i change it back, tap dies again! Confusion!!:waughh:

8ftmetalhaed
11-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Does the left (right) click work then?
It sounds like your left click button might have been jammed down.
Odd though then that a usb mouse works for left clicking, but yeah.