PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang Theory - Iphone apps

Greven
07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I just watched the latest Big Bang Theory episode & they came up with an app idea that I suspect someone will make now.

The app takes a photo of someone's shoes then searches the internet for those shoes. People like my sister would love it - we were at a wedding a few days ago & she snapped a photo of a complete stranger's back because she liked the way the back of the dress looked & wanted to remember it when she got home :illogical

This time it was a dress that she went crazy over, but most females I know are just as bad with shoes.

pine-o-cleen
07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/#text

Greven
07-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I instantly thought of Goggles too when I watched the episode, but clothing isn't something it recognises yet.

merien
28-01-2011, 10:48 PM
The idea is good but Goggles isn't very practical yet. With Near Field Communication in the new devices one could just scan shoes and save to your phone. Think that has some nice usage possibilities.

goodiesguy
28-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't really like The Big Bang Theory. It's ok, but TV2 show far to many adverts. Either that, or im used to the 2 commercial ad break limit on Comedy Central where they only show 2 adverts every ad break (at least for shows like Whose Line UK)

gary67
29-01-2011, 07:22 AM
I prefer no ad breaks like the BBC unfortunately its not available here, wish there was a channel that was ad free though

goodiesguy
29-01-2011, 12:59 PM
BBC ftw.

They get Top Gear for a full 1 hour and 1 minute with no adbreaks. Whereas us get them chopped down to 50 minutes to fit in adbreaks.

goodiesguy
29-01-2011, 01:01 PM
BBC ftw.

They get Top Gear for a full 1 hour and 1 minute with no adbreaks. Whereas us get them chopped down to 50 minutes to fit in adbreaks.

Metla
29-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Top gear is almost 99% dribble geared towards idiots, losing a few minutes doesn't affect the quality of the experience, Merely shortens the time your simple brain is fed that particular style of crap. Never fear, there is plenty more to follow.

Television on the whole is piss poor, entertainment for the undiscerning made as cheaply as possible,fodder for idiots.

99 percent of the time music is far more interesting and enjoyable, and its about time I went on another book binge.

as for the Big Bang, meh, its as stupid as anything else on the box, I was surprised to see the stuff TV critic claim only smart people would get the jokes (and he was quite proud to be in this group), and all the dumb people would pretend it didn't go over their heads:groan:.

What an egg.