PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Active@ Disk Image software update.

tuiruru
07-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Happy New Year to you all

Back in October I purchased a copy of Active@ Disk image

Yesterday I asked it to check for updates and it sent me to this web page:
http://www.disk-image.net/faq-update.htm

I downloaded the set-up file (approx 130mb and the download got slower and slower 'til it almost stalled, but that may be another issue entirely!), uninstalled my copy, ran the new set-up and on completion it presented me with a message saying that my security key was not valid. (see first attachment). I clicked the No button and continued and told me that I now had an unregistered 21 day evaluation copy (2nd attachment). When I went into the Registration option under Help in the new version, the registration code required is obviously a lot longer than the one I had, yet the web page said the registration would update automatically.

I've e-mailed the company but am really posting this 'cos I know other people here use it and am trying to save you the same hassle. Has anyone had the same experience and if so how did you get round it?

Cheers

gary67
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I had something similar when i first got it, as I installed on the main machine then fine. Then when I went to put it on my netbook I had the same issue, by hunting around inside my profile account on their site I found the correct code which I then copied to a word doc that has all that sort of stuff on. It's been all good since

wainuitech
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Had that happen once - Put back in the same license key as per the one they email you when you purchase it, and it went fine.

tuiruru
07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi guys

Well, the first thing I did was go back thru my e-mails and dig out the registration code the'd sent me, but as I said, the number of "slots" required in the latest version is more than the registration code I've got.

For the moment I've "wound back" to the restore point I made before uninstalling, so I'l wait and see what they say.

I couldn't find anything to say what was "new" in the new version - got any ideas?

Agent_24
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Maybe you need to install the new version over the old one, rather than uninstalling the old one first?

Neil McC
08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
I too had that problem.Like gary67 I went to their website and looked in my profile and got the new longer number.

tuiruru
09-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Got the reply back from the company within 24 hours (they're in Canada I think), with a new activation key and am now up and running with the new version.

It's nice to know that there are companies out there who are on the ball!! :banana

gary67
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes they are very good, I cannot fault them so far and I have no hesitation in recommending them