PDA

View Full Version : I'm angry too!

leonidas5
06-01-2011, 06:27 PM
The family of a boy killed in a stolen car have told ONE News they are angry police chased him at high speed.

Timoti Mohi died after allegedly fleeing police at speeds of 180kmh on Auckland's Southern Motorway early yesterday morning.

Police said speeds got too high and too dangerous to continue the chase and that they abandoned the pursuit 20 seconds before the crash happened.

Fifteen-year-old Mohi died when he hit a power pole at the Market Road off-ramp. His passenger was left seriously injured and remains in Auckland Hospital.

I'm angry that the family of this teenager let him out at 2.00am in the morning. His mates parents also deserve a bollocking!

I'm angry that his upbringing made him think stealing cars was OK.

I'm angry that the police once again get blamed for the criminal activity of others.

I'm glad that the police response was taken: He and his mates were young crims, nothing lass, nothing more.

I'm sad that yet another young man chose to kill himself. And his mates in the other car deserted him after the crash.

somebody
06-01-2011, 06:29 PM
+1

The Error Guy
06-01-2011, 07:07 PM
What a muppet. If you run at 180 and kill ya self. tough Sh**.

Don't run, don't steal.

Sometimes I think the gene pool COULD use a little more chlorine at billy T said once

Cato
06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm glad no innocent people were killed by that muppet and his buddies.

paulw
06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
One less in the gene pool..

lakewoodlady
06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I also have run out of sympathy for the stupid kids that do these things, and I support the Police in having enough sense to know when to abort the chase.

LL

Metla
06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Shoot to kill.

wainuitech
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I also have run out of sympathy for the stupid kids that do these things, and I support the Police in having enough sense to know when to abort the chase.

LL Couldn't have said it better :thumbs:

The police pull back and stop yet still get the blame.

GameJunkie
06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
its not the police's fault so shame on the family looking for blame elsewhere when they are in part to blame for this tragic event

Digby
06-01-2011, 08:15 PM
I feel sorry for the person that had their car stolen

I feel sorry for the hospital staff that have to look after his mate

I feel sorry for all of us that pay to insure or cars and have to pay higher premiums because scumbags think they are entitled to steal them.

I know the area where he comes from, and its not good.

pctek
06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Shoot to kill.

LOL, during the news husband asked me if I agreed the cops should not chase and I said yes, they should shoot first.

qazwsxokmijn
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM

I feel sorry for all of us that pay to insure or cars and have to pay higher premiums because scumbags think they are entitled to steal them.

And the cops too! Feel sorry for the cops now they'll be taking some crap.

I'm just happy this boy is dead, he's a deadbeat when he was young, will probably be another criminal when he grows up. Good riddance I say.

prefect
06-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Darwins law unlike global warming theory is proven to work.
This clown wont breed and his stupid genes are lost from the pool.

ubergeek85
06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm upset that some blokes car got nicked. Honestly, I don't give a flying **** about the thief, I'm glad he killed himself. The family are blaming the police because that can't point the finger at little johnny and themselves for being ultimately responsible for his death. If the police don't chase crims, then what the **** is the point in having a police force?

Same story with the guys who nicked the wheels off of a car that I shared here recently, they done over the local school. I mentioned how I would've had no problem getting the shotgun out. I was talking with someone who is the contact for the school alarm company, turns out that they missed the first phone call, hence they didn't get a chance to catch the bastards, but she mentioned her hubby was going to let the pig dogs into the school, they're trained to bail pigs up, they would've done more or less the same thing in this situation.

Why do I bring this up? Because - funnily enough - people like to catch criminals, and don't really care if joe thief gets a bite on the arse or a few pellets in the chest.

I'd quite happily chain the bastards to a post and beat them with a pipe for a few hours and then let them go.

Paul.Cov
07-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Aren't we a blood-thirsty lot!

I'm glad to see the PC excesses are now swinging back towards a sensible reaction to crime.
Police persuits must be allowed to proceed, otherwise it only encourages crims to speed in order to gain an easy escape from a neutered persuer.

Yeah, I'd hate to be taken out when these swine lose control and strike me, but it's a price we must accept if we are to turn the tide on crime.

The bleeding hearts may argue that we are to blame for the reasons these kids 'had' to steal.

The reality to that is that they probably had no plans to keep the car, and no plans to sell it or to strip it. They just wanted to show off in it, thrash it and dump it.
Cruise the main street of their area with about 5 mates in the car giving spastic gestures out the windows, burn some rubber, then burn the whole car in a parking lot.

Good ridance to the crim. No longer a leech on civilised society.

rob_on_guitar
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
One less drain on the tax payer, family should just realize that they dont feel angry, they feel guilt.

tuiruru
07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
180 kph = 3km per minute = 1km in 20 seconds (if that's how fast he was going when the cops stopped the chase). A lot can happen in a km in that sort of time. If they hadn't chased and he'd just clipped something and bounced off half a dozen other cars there would have been an outcry of a different sort. These young idiots (thanks to the PC brigade and the "we can't have losers" approach to life) have no concept of consequences, and that, to a large extent, is down to the bloody parents!

Billy T
07-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Please spare a thought also for the poor people who had to extract what was left of him from the remains of the car, then go home to their loved ones with those images stuck in their brain. I can't think of a worse job.

It is 50x worse than telling his parent(s) he was dead. For the reasons others have stated, the parent(s) should not have been all that surprised.

Billy

johcar
07-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I hoped someone would start a thread about this most-recent example of instant street justice.

My sympathies are with the Police and the Fire/Ambos.

At least we can agree with qazwsxokmijn that this kid will no longer be a threat to society - see, capital punishment CAN work!!

Myth
07-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Shoot to kill.They tried that once. Pity it was an innocent courier that got shot though

Snorkbox
07-01-2011, 03:19 PM
You have to wonder about how many of these episodes are actually suicides.

Metla
07-01-2011, 03:20 PM
They tried that once. Pity it was an innocent courier that got shot though

I meant after he had crashed, Just to make sure.

Also an excellent method of slowing down the departure of the always quick to flee passengers.

Then they need to present the parents with the bill for damages.

johcar
07-01-2011, 03:23 PM
<snip>

Then they need to present the parents with the bill for damages.

Now there's an idea worth considering!

plod
07-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm sad it took him to lose his life to be taught a lesson

gary67
07-01-2011, 04:12 PM
As I have said before heatseeking missiles on the cop car will work

leonidas5
07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Interesting responses.

I'm inclined to bill the survivors of such crashes for medical expenses, and all survivors should get a good dose of community service, in public, wearing a pink boiler-suit!

Perhaps Mum and dad could do some parenting course time for the remaining siblings of these young crims.

The old name and shame process DOES work.

My real concern is, as some have mentioned, for the police, ambos, firees and tow truckers who had to clean up the mess.

johcar
07-01-2011, 07:31 PM
The Police in Northland are starting a name and shame campaign for drink-driving (http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/local/news/drinking-drivers-named-shamed/3792569/). Hope is has the effect that is intended and doesn't become a competition for idiots to see how many times they can appear in the newspaper...

Digby
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I take it Keith Locke is not a member of this forum ?

Yes wouldn't it be great if the police and the insurance company and the health board send the family a bill for all the damage that would make the family know how angry we are.

ubergeek85
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
And after the inevitable non-payment, hand it to a debt collector.

Agent_24
07-01-2011, 08:39 PM
The 'Right Track' programme seems like a good one

Over four weeks of evenings and weekends, the programme brings young first-time driving offenders face to face with firefighters who have cut victims out of smashed cars, funeral directors who see their horrific injuries, the Otara Spinal Unit where many of the victims end up, and with victims themselves who tell their own stories.

"It made me think a lot," Mr Hetaraka said.

He has reduced his speed, stopped drink-driving, and has become "quite an advocate" when he sees friends drinking too much.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10647883

Metla
07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
And after the inevitable non-payment, hand it to a debt collector.

Shoot to kill.

Cicero
08-01-2011, 05:42 AM
I say stab to kill and send parents a bill for paint removal.:rolleyes:

SKT174
08-01-2011, 03:23 PM
anyone who tries to flee from police deserve to die, period.

coldfront
09-01-2011, 09:49 AM

I will add to you list

I feel sorry for the Police Officers who were first on the scene to see the carnage

I feel sorry for the Fire Service Crews who attend these incidents to release the bodies and the injured from the vehicles.

I really dont think people consider how this affects those that have to go to road accidents you may say its theiir job but many are volunteers doing this unpaid and it does affect you seeing this especially when its a child involved.

The parents are Angry....they should be thankful to the people who cared enough to try and help, the parents are at fault they have no idea how far the effects of the actions of their little angel impacted so many lives.

Brucem
09-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I am interested to know what those who decry police chases would say if some crim wasn't chased, and susequently crashed and killed others? Probably "why didn't the cops chase and stop him before he killed those innocent people". I have felt for some time that the police are in a no win situation with this.

qazwsxokmijn
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I am interested to know what those who decry police chases would say if some crim wasn't chased, and susequently crashed and killed others? Probably "why didn't the cops chase and stop him before he killed those innocent people". I have felt for some time that the police are in a no win situation with this.
It's normal for people....you can't please 'em. They'll always demand this, demand that, if something bad happens, they'll blame him and her, whatever.

Please one party, disappoint another. You can't please them all.

Cicero
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
What kind of parent have we, that complains about police chasing son, when surely they should be responsible of their 15 year old son out at 2 am?