PDA

View Full Version : File share problem

jwil1
05-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone,

At work I'm in charge of moving all our staffs' home drives to a new server and I noticed that alot of them show 'My Documents' as the folder name, not the users' name which it should (first pic).

If I go into one of these 'My Documents', the address bar shows My Documents (second pic) - but if I click on it to edit the text the correct folder name is shown (third pic).

How can I get it not to show My Documents, but the folder name as some of them do? It's really confusing with 20-odd My Documents in the same folder!

Thanks

wainuitech
05-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Are all the users files (My Documents-Personal folders) in one folder ? (hope that makes sense )

In the past when ever setting up folders for users, they would normally have to log into the workstation/server, each user would have their own personal folder within their log in settings - or have access to "group" folders if say there were certain documents that everyone used/shared.(the admin would have full access to anywhere usually).

Just reread the above -- maybe not exactly how I'm thinking, but cant seem to word it any other way tonight :dogeye:

Edited: BTW - whats the server OS ?

jwil1
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, all the users' individual home folders are under one folder (Staff_Data). OS is 2008 R2.

jwil1
07-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Bump....

linw
07-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Sorry if I have missed something, but can't you rename these folders? Or create a new folder and copy the My Docs stuff into it?