PDA

View Full Version : Cannot delete 'History' in IE

23-09-2001, 10:58 AM
I'm discovered this really strange problem with my 'History' in IE 5.5. Usually I leave it on 'Sort by Date' and sometimes i delete the browsing record of an entire day. But right now if I do that then browse a new site or reset the computer the entire so-thought deleted list returns from the dead! Strangely enough i can delete single domain records with no problems watsoever.

23-09-2001, 02:09 PM
Just a guess - but I suspect you are just deleting shortcuts to urls when you do it from your browser.
Tools/options/clear history -
or c/win/history will do it.
Cheers B

23-09-2001, 05:57 PM
I'm sure thats not true. Any new ideas please?
Louis S

MHCo
12-05-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm discovered this really strange problem with my 'History' in IE 5.5. Usually I leave it on 'Sort by Date' and sometimes i delete the browsing record of an entire day. But right now if I do that then browse a new site or reset the computer the entire so-thought deleted list returns from the dead! Strangely enough i can delete single domain records with no problems watsoever.

I have the same problem on my pc. i cant fix it.
what did u do.

Greg
12-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Go Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, Clear History. If that's not working then there's some other underlying problem.

You could also download and install a useful utility called ccleaner. Install and run it and it'll clear a whole lot of garbage from your system.

FoxyMX
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
You could also enable the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" in IE's Advanced Options.

Even better still, ditch Internet Explorer and upgrade to Opera.

kingdragonfly
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I think your Index.dat file is corrupted.

From Microsoft
"Clear Cache Feature for Internet Explorer

This program is intended to automatically delete all temporary Internet files, cookies, and history files when it is installed and executed. The program was developed to programmatically clear these files when a corrupt entry caused errors with Internet Explorer."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5CBD4659-3B28-4801-8729-05335902CE79&displaylang=en