PDA

View Full Version : How do I invoke Adobe Flash Player

tuiruru
05-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi

I'm trying to play a .swf file made with a bit of software from today's GAOTD. It doesn't work in in a little thing called Flash 2x Flash Player so I went to "Open with" and looked for Adobe Flash but it didn't appear anywhere. When I go to the Adobe site and try and download Flash Player it tells me that Google Chrome already has it installed, so how do I get it to fire up?

I'm using Vista Home Premium SP 2

Thanks

Snorkbox
05-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Try downloading this one:-

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

At the moment you probably only have a plugin for chrome installed is my guess.

tuiruru
05-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Snork

Done that - hasn't made any difference cos on the download page from your link for FF it says it'll only play it from inside the web browser. Anyway, I'm using Chrome

I tried this (http://download.cnet.com/SWF-amp-FLV-Player/3000-13632_4-170532.html?tag=recommendedDownloads)but whilst it appears to load the file OK (I get what appears to be the first frame) it doesn't run properly.

I think it's a fault with the original software which is what I was trying to test.

Thanks

B.M.
05-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi

I'm trying to play a .swf file made with a bit of software from today's GAOTD. It doesn't work in in a little thing called Flash 2x Flash Player so I went to "Open with" and looked for Adobe Flash but it didn't appear anywhere. When I go to the Adobe site and try and download Flash Player it tells me that Google Chrome already has it installed, so how do I get it to fire up?

I'm using Vista Home Premium SP 2

Thanks

Same here.

It seemed to make the file ok but I'm darned if I can find anything to play it as a SWF.

I've never encountered any previous trouble with FlashMoviePlayer 1.5 being unable to play swf files.

I think we may have a fizzer. :(

Ohhh, XP SP2

tuiruru
05-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah

I lowered my standards and fire up IE and used it to download the latest Adobe (but not the BETA) and tried making a new swf but but that didn't work either. However, the screensaver option did work when it wasn't before.

Tried the e-mail option, which again generates a swf file. It require you to send the e-mail thru it's own portal from within the program - it has yet to turn up in my mail box.

The exe file option works OK but what would you use it for?

Ah well, you can't win 'em all. :banana

B.M.
05-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I didnít try the other formats as it was only the swf one that interested me, but as the swf file it makes canít be played by normal flv/swf players then itís not much use is it?

I like the swf format because of its Size/Quality ratio, but the run of the mill media players all seem to have trouble with it, even those that handle flv files ok.

However Flash Movie Player seems to handle them both no problem and it itself is only a 500k download. :thumbs: