PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch

Pato
01-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Is there anyone with an Ipod Touch 3G that can help me.?
I foolishly just updated the OS to the latest version and encountered an error.
The screen is now blank. Itunes tells me that I can restore to factiory setting but I will loose all my media etc. Is there any way of avoiding this.?

plod
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
well since you should have it synced to your pc, that isn't a problem. You can just restore from itunes

Pato
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
well since you should have it synced to your pc, that isn't a problem. You can just restore from itunesThanks Plod. I didn't think it would be that easy.
It beats me, why, that every time there is an OS upgrade there is trouble. Got to the stage now that I am scared to upgrade. LOL. Cheers.

Chilling_Silence
05-01-2011, 08:48 AM
You have no idea ... Since the latest iOS update, every single iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch in the business here (50-odd) has required the IT department to apply a fix. Dunno why, but it's freaking annoying!

Anyways, worst-case had that not worked, you can always put your iPod into DFU mode (YouTube is your friend) and restore the firmware that way.

Pato
05-01-2011, 10:03 AM
You have no idea ... Since the latest iOS update, every single iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch in the business here (50-odd) has required the IT department to apply a fix. Dunno why, but it's freaking annoying!

Anyways, worst-case had that not worked, you can always put your iPod into DFU mode (YouTube is your friend) and restore the firmware that way.I have got to the stage where I fear doing an update of the iOS. I didn't know about the DFU mode and will put that in the memory bank for future reference. Thanks.

Chilling_Silence
05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah DFU mode is great, basically a recovery mode so you can reflash firmware :) Saved my skin a number of times

legod
19-01-2011, 02:19 PM
jailbreak it and forget the OS updates.

Chilling_Silence
19-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Not sure why, but OK, this thread is now 2 weeks old and no doubt long-solved ... Most people don't like going with a dead iPod Touch for 2 weeks ;)

Pato
19-01-2011, 04:39 PM
jailbreak it and forget the OS updates.And possibly end up with a brick!!. My problem was solved with the help of Chilling.
Thanks for your suggestion anyway.