PDA

View Full Version : untimely internet auto-disconnections

22-09-2001, 08:26 PM
Why when i go to send an e-mail that ive spent ages typing does the internet disconnect, delete my message and make me reconnect.

22-09-2001, 09:51 PM
Hi Kieran I can't help you with the technical details, but whenever I type a long email I open a Word document (I have it on my desktop, easy to find), which I have named 'emails' I type the message, saving as I go, then highlight, then copy, then paste into my email. When the email is sent, delete the typing in the Word document, which is quick, because its still is highlighted, then close the file. Good if the power goes off, or computer crashes. I hope someone can help you with your problem.
Heather

22-09-2001, 10:45 PM
Hi Kieran

I can't help with the disconnect problem, but are you sure the messages are deleted? Have a look in the Drafts folder (usually found under 'My Shortcuts') and you should find your lost messages. Outlook and Outlook Express usually save a draft of any message that doesn't get sent for any reason. Took me a while to find out about this myself when I was losing messages becaus of crashes.

Good Luck

Billy T

22-09-2001, 11:47 PM
Unless your using webmail, you don't need to keep your connection open.

If your using webmail then try keeping the connection busy, there are 'keep alive' programs available. I just have a program set to check my e-mail every 15 mins.