PDA

View Full Version : IDEOS U8150 wireless issue

element16
27-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I've got one of the 2degrees IDEOS Android smartphones, and am having the most annoying time getting it to work with my home wireless. It'll connect and use it, but the connection is patchy at best and has shockingly bad range (as in, you need to place the phone right next to the access point to work). My access point is a LevelOne WAP-6002 Wireless-N device.

Does anyone else know what might be the problem here, or have similar problems?

Renmoo
28-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Other wireless devices are working fine with the wireless router?

seltsam
28-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I've got the same phone, had no probs connecting to my WiFi. As a diagnostic try installing the WiFi Manager or the WiFi Analyser app to check signal strengths. You may want to change channel on your router if there's another one close by on the same or adjacent channel.

element16
30-12-2010, 01:20 PM
@Renmoo: A friend's iPod Touch connected fine without any problems and could access the internet. It's not so much that I'm having trouble connecting to the network, so much as actually using the internet on it. I even tried a static IP in the same address range as my network (and one that wasn't being used by the DHCP service), but no joy.

@seltsam: I tried changing the channel, but it made no difference. We live in a semi-rural area so there are no overlapping wireless networks anyway. I'll try downloading those wifi apps and see what they say, and post the results.

inphinity
30-12-2010, 01:25 PM
my gf has the same phone, and has no issues with the wifi connectivity, signal strength is good & consistent, range is good, and autoconnects very quickly when in range. We have a WAG54G as the access point.