PDA

View Full Version : Attn Wainuitech

gary67
27-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Can you use Active@ to over right a restore partition as I have purchased a netbook and now that I have customised how I want I was wondering if I could create an updated version of the restore partition. I have just made an image of it and put it on my server but would be nice to have the option of restoring if away from home

wainuitech
27-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Never tried it, but I cant see why not.

If the restore partition is a Image made by Active@ you would still need to use the bootable CD or USB drive to operate it.

Normally a OEM restore partition, you would press a key combo, or something like, F10 on startup, this would then boot into the recovery and give the option to restore the OS as per the original Factory install- Active@ wouldn't do that, as far as I know.

Edited: may write a letter and ask - looked through the Manual and cant see anything that will actually say.

I read this before post earlier on and been having a look around with no real positive answer -- Might be time to have a play :nerd:

I'll get back to you and advise.

Cicero
27-12-2010, 04:26 PM
There is talk of bottling your blood Wai!

wainuitech
27-12-2010, 05:08 PM
:lol: At the moment it might contain a little to much alcohol content, esp after the last few days :waughh:

wainuitech
27-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Update -- :o OOPS! first attempt failed by wiping the whole drive -- Just as well I was only "playing about"----- Second attempt / Process being carried out now.

Stay tuned as they say :D

notechyet
27-12-2010, 07:12 PM
:lol: At the moment it might contain a little to much alcohol content......
I'm surprised as you are helping here 25/7. Surely no time for boose!

wainuitech
27-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised as you are helping here 25/7. Surely no time for boose! Who said I'm sober :p

gary67
28-12-2010, 07:34 AM
It's those little blue pills, they allow Wainui to micro sleep in half second bursts