PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone usage accounting error

Tony
25-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Am I the only one caught up in the problem with vodafone data usage accounting?

A few days ago I got the "exceeded your usage" message. A bit odd, as I didn't think I'd been that heavy with my usage, but I "doubled my data". I now find that there has been a an error with the accounting and the usage figures are all wildly overstated.

I've sent an email requesting that the doubling be reversed and my account credited - it will be interesting to see the response.

GameJunkie
25-12-2010, 10:24 PM
when did you double your data?

it can take a day or so to move to the new data cap, or maybe not related

just putting it out there

apsattv
26-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I have 1 day listed as 0.326 megabytes next day listed at 4.4 gigs, has readjusted itself to 2.2 gigs now.

Still expecting the 0.325 reading to change

Tony
26-12-2010, 06:41 AM
when did you double your data?

it can take a day or so to move to the new data cap, or maybe not related

just putting it out thereThe change in data cap showed up immediately. That day I was 11.59gb used of 21.59gb total, and now it is 2.99gb used of 21.59.

SP8's
26-12-2010, 08:55 AM
You haven't got anything running in the background that you're not noticing ... like a P2P program ?? Does it give you an upload / download usage or just a total ???

Tony
26-12-2010, 11:08 AM
You haven't got anything running in the background that you're not noticing ... like a P2P program ?? Does it give you an upload / download usage or just a total ???I'd wondered if I was transferring lots of data unawares - but no, it is definitely an accounting error. Vodafone acknowledge it on their website. And the fact that my usage has gone from 11+gig to 2+ gig in the same accounting period is also a bit of a clue.

Which is why I was wondering if anyone else had been caught.

Paul.Cov
26-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Vodafone are notorious for their system being bolloxed.

They've been doing some work to integrate more info into the My Account page, which might easily be what was causing the latest glitch... their usual lack of testing before going live.

What has really surprised me so far is that they've not reduced us all to a crawl during the holidays... they seem to be handling the traffic volumes well (for once).

Brooko
26-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Tony
Same issue here. Supposedly used 13Gb in a single day - turns out it was only 1.3Gb. Have emailed them - awaiting response. Reason we doubled was because we had a babysitter looking after kids while we were at work - so remotely feasible it actually happened. The sitter is a really good kid - which is why we were so puzzled at the time. Turns out now that we should have questioned VF at the time.

We've asked for a credit.

Greven
27-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Vodafone overcharged me the past 2 months. Both times they said it was a computer glitch & gave me a credit. They are apparently going to have a human check my bill this month, so I will wait & see what happens.

If I get overcharged again I will try to get them to release me from my contract so I can leave at any time.

Tony
28-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Just had an email from Vodafone saying the charge for doubling the data has been reversed and the credit will appear on my next bill. Interestingly, at the time of writing, the data cap has not been reduced.

So :thumbs: to Vodafone for resolving the issue quickly with no hassle (apart from the initial cock-up).

Brooko
29-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Tony
I got same. Credit on the account already - but they've left the extra bandwidth there. I won't be using it anyway - but good move on their part.

I'm happy. :thumbs: