View Full Version : Whats this?

The Error Guy
23-12-2010, 01:50 PM
What is this? Well actually thats a stupid question, I know it's a Component video input, labeled Y Pr/Cr Pb/Cb.

But, what type of socket is that? it looks kind of like some predecessor to HDMI, it has enough pins to take the ground and signal inputs for the Y Pr Pb signal and the audio signal.

Does any one know where I can get cable that would give me more standard outputs rather than this obscure component input? Would this input accept an HDMI input?

Any other info in this appreciated, its on a 32" JVC LCD TV.


Speedy Gonzales
23-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Do a search for the model. And see what it is / does

23-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Very hard to distinguish from the photo ... but it wouldn't be a for computer monitor input would it ??? Have a Toshiba LCD TV which has a direct input from computer. See if a monitor cable fits without anything powered up.

23-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Looks like a D-Terminal connector to me. Common in some countries for hi-def component video.

23-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Yep D-Terminal.

Never took off in NZ (Was it even officially introduced?) Think it's used in Japan mostly, for decoders and TVs, etc..

VGA sockets are larger than the D-Terminal.


You can get cables that might be useful.

The Error Guy
23-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Cheers, I tried searching for everything related to component vid, but of course got nothing that looks like that.

Expensive little suckers though (from the ebay link) 35 US.

I might take the panel off and make an adapter and wire it directly to the TV. The input panel unscrews, which is a nice change to make things easy.

Sorry about picture quality. the camera I used is broken and it parts :p

23-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Looks similar to some of the connectors that manufacturers user to cut down on space used by the AV inputs. I'm guessing that this thing might be about the same.