PDA

View Full Version : Video card crashed, one monitor distorted.

Mister
22-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello.

Last night while just browsing the internet, listnening to music etc, my video card crashed. I restarted the computer, everything seemed fine.

I have two monitors, they were both working fine until the restart. Once I restarted the computer, I put dexter in my computer, and hopped on the couch and started watching it, I watch shows on the 2nd monitor because of the position.

Anyway, I noticed how the video had some off colouring and some bad, glitchy textures. When I moved media player to my other monitor it was fine. I tried it with other programs like steam, and it too had glitchy colours and textures.

I've tried changing resolutions around, but nothing seems to be changing it.

Basically one screen has gone all funky while the other one is perfectly fine, after a video card crash.

Thanks.

dugimodo
22-12-2010, 02:01 PM
If you swap connections on your monitors does the other one behave the same ?
What happened when it crashed exactly ?

Mister
22-12-2010, 02:42 PM
No, nothing changes.

The screens started turning on and off, then the main monitor said "no video input". Then it turned off, the 2nd screen then showed the BSOD that's when I restarted.

pctek
22-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Your graphics card is faulty. You could do some tests, unplug the 2nd monitor and just try it with one, do 3d and 2d tests.

jareemon
22-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Reinstall the drivers

:pf1mobmini: