PDA

View Full Version : Asus Has A Bad Setting - Maybe?

SurferJoe46
22-12-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a small home network with this 'puter on a hardwire and I am running WIFI to a neighbor and a few other puters in the house.

I loaned the Asus to the neighbor until her own flaptop was up and running, and somehow I have a problem with a default setting that's just crazy and I can't find a solution to it.

If this puter (my SOYO) is running GMail and GTALK and then I turn on the Asus - my 'Friends On-Line' immediately shows that she is on line when her puter at her place is NOT.

It's my Asus that is on instead. I haven't even signed into anything yet at that time - just booted the Asus into the Windows 7-Starter Desktop!

What I believe is happening is that somehow the Asus is being reported as her puter, and that when it goes online, I see it here on the Soyo (or any of my other machines the same way).

The Windows log-on is mine as (I know) all my Google/Firefox/Mozilla stuff is too. Where is her screen name running and hiding?

I think she must've hit the 'Remember Me On This Computer' or words to that effect somewhere.

I tried to shut her screen name down, but it's not ever running on the Asus and I cannot drill to it nor can I find any vestige of it anywhere.

It doesn't show in the Ctrl/Alt/Del Task Manager either as another User.

When I right click in the Sign-In Google Browser User's Names box trying to bring up her name or password for G-Mail or G-Talk I never see if saved - just a list of my own screen names and the passwords that I have Firefox remember for me - that's all.

I can go to my other screen names on the Asus and they pop in OK - but her screen name is also running at the same time. It's frustrating and I am at my wit's end trying to find where this default is haunting my Asus.

I sign out of Firefox, Google, iGoogle, G-Talk and everything else I can find that is Google or Firefox/Mozilla related, and yet she remains there in my On-Line Contacts list.

Anyone with any ideas? :groan:

SolMiester
22-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Delete the cookies on browser for the ASUS!

SurferJoe46
22-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I'll try that - thanks.

SurferJoe46
23-12-2010, 04:38 AM
UPDATE:::

It didn't work - she is still running somewhere under the radar here

SolMiester
23-12-2010, 08:32 AM
You deleted all cookies, IE and firefox and any other browser she might have been using?!...sounds like she has an app that has remembered her login account details then...any IM clients running?, E-mail clients?

SurferJoe46
23-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I run the same apps as she does - I trained her that way.

We use :::

Firefox
Google
iGoogle
G-Talk

............and that's about it unless you count the same security and utilities eg: AVG-Free, SpyBot S&D, CCleaner and HJT.

The area where she shows as being on line is in my G-Talk and that would also cross over to anything else that Google has under their wing I believe - but I cannot find her actually running anywhere.

SolMiester
23-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I run the same apps as she does - I trained her that way.

We use :::

Firefox
Google
iGoogle
G-Talk

............and that's about it unless you count the same security and utilities eg: AVG-Free, SpyBot S&D, CCleaner and HJT.

The area where she shows as being on line is in my G-Talk and that would also cross over to anything else that Google has under their wing I believe - but I cannot find her actually running anywhere.

Well, it must be the G-Talk, although I havent used it so cant help locate where the setting might be!

You could check here for some settings

http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/10/19/how-to-save-chat-scripts-in-gtalk-and-go-off-the-record/

SurferJoe46
23-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Well, it must be the G-Talk, although I havent used it so cant help locate where the setting might be!

You could check here for some settings

http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/10/19/how-to-save-chat-scripts-in-gtalk-and-go-off-the-record/

Would not one think that one could see another person's sign-in running or could one not?

I cannot see any names other than my own and like I said - if you open more than three screen names in G-Talk or G-Mail or anything else G-xxx, then it raises a ruckus and tells you that you have too many open and running and just refuses to let you run any more.

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good deed never goes unpunished. :groan:

SP8's
23-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi SJ .... you having any rain over your way ??? News had northern Arizona and California with flooding ... just wondering whether you were in the firing line ...