PDA

View Full Version : Opera 11

mzee
19-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Using Opera 11.
In my opinion it renders pages better than the others, is fast, has all the short cuts on the keyboard, tool bars very compact.
I would just like an add filter.

BTW, has anybody had a problem with IE8 rendering text larger for a given setting than Fire Fox?
It seems that font size="3" and font-size: 12pt; have different meanings to them. In one page I had to duplicate the commands. Why can't they get together and set a standard? An example is that on one page IE8 announced that my code was obsolete!! The same page had no problems with FF, Chrome, Opera, or Sea Monkey.

Speedy Gonzales
19-12-2010, 10:09 AM
If you've installed the final version of Opera, 11, install the adsweep extension. That'll kill the ads. Dont install noads, its hopeless and doesn't do anything.

wainuitech
19-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Just playing about / trying Opera 11 -- So far :thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
19-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Yup I installed it the other day, when the final came out. Talk about beat around the bush. Took me long enough to figure out how to get the damn bookmarks in the menu.

Morgenmuffel
19-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm wondering if xmarks might be coming to the extensions, after all they were taken over by lastpass i think, and last pass has an extension for opera.