PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mail won't start for all users

echothreezero
17-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Windows 7 Home 64-bit laptop.

I want to run the Windows Live Essentials Windows Mail app. For two of three local users (one admin, one user) the Mail app works fine. For the third user (user) it refuses to open.

The progress icon displays for a couple of seconds, and the wlmail.exe process appears in task manager, and then both disappear. No flash screen, nothing.

Google is little help.

Any ideas?

echothreezero
17-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Quick update:

Unistalled all Windows Live Essentials Apps and did a fresh install.

Same problem.

Conflicting or unstarted service or running process issue?

Speedy Gonzales
17-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Kill UAC? Is it the latest version? Look in event viewer for errors. May the profile is corrupt? Will anything else install under that user now?

echothreezero
17-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi,

I changed the offending account to an Admin account, and change UAC to lowest setting (no notification). No change.

Everything else works fine (yes can install other software from that account), just not Windows Live.

Can I back up the profile easily, delete it, make a new one and restore the backup?

echothreezero
17-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Re read your reply. I know it's not all that helpful, but using latest version, and nothing in event viewer. Sorry.

Speedy Gonzales
17-12-2010, 11:22 PM
I have no idea, I'm not using Win7 at the mo. Any firewalls on it besides windows? Try this (http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ZapMessenger-Download-115115.html) it'll remove everything. Then see if it'll install / work

echothreezero
17-12-2010, 11:29 PM
SO I did a restart to try and see if I could find anything in event viewer. No obvious "warnings" or "errors". But plenty "Information" as follows:

LMS Service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver

The description for Event ID 0 from source RegSrvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

The description for Event ID 0 from source SOHDBSvr cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

The description for Event ID 0 from source VAIO Event Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

And possibly the culprit:

The description for Event ID 0 from source SignInAssistant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

g_WLIDTimerQueue.Initialize started (17:02:517)

The description for Event ID 0 from source SignInAssistant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

g_ WLIDInitializationTimerQueue.Initialize started (17:02:517)

WLIDInitializationTimerQueue. QueueWorkItem started (17:02:517)

VzCdbSvc - Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {48512A59-C8A5-4805-9048-23C9E4194BFA})(Error code = 0x80042000)

VzCdbSvc - Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {56F9312C-C989-4E04-8C23-299DEE3A36F5})(Error code = 0x80042019)

Speedy Gonzales
17-12-2010, 11:42 PM
This may fix the 1st error (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/LMS-Service-cannot-connect-to-Intel-R-MEI-driver/m-p/270941) if this is an HP

Going by this error

What did you select in the install besides Windows Mail? You may have to select more than Windows mail for it to work? It may not inc the Signinassistant (if you selected nothing else but Windows mail)

Is zonealarm on this?

echothreezero
18-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your patient replies.

When I installed Windows Live Essentials, it gave me the option to exclude things like Messenger and Photo and Video Editor, etc, but why would it still work from other profiles?

No to zonealarm. Only firewall is Windows one.

It's a Vaio BTW, but I might still try and update IMIE as a separate issue.

Speedy Gonzales
18-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Hmm these 2 errors

VzCdbSvc - Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {48512A59-C8A5-4805-9048-23C9E4194BFA})(Error code = 0x80042000)

VzCdbSvc - Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {56F9312C-C989-4E04-8C23-299DEE3A36F5})(Error code = 0x80042019)

May have something to do with Vaio Entertainment studio. It looks like VzCdbSvc is a service. Go to start/run type services. msc, go to to the VzCdbSvc service then change it to manual (if its disabled)

I dont know why it works on the others and not this. I dont use Live essentials

wainuitech
18-12-2010, 09:09 AM
See if the following is of any help: Click start , type in Reli From the results, select "View Reliability History", when it opens there will be a graph, hopefully at the time of Mail crashing, there will be a red circle with a white X, click that - down below will be the problem - look to see if there is a link to the right that says " check for solution" or "technical Details" - sometimes there are links / patches to fix the problems.

echothreezero
18-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the good troubleshooting tip. Unfortunately nothing there except a couple of firefox hangs from a day or two ago.

It's got me baffled, that's for sure.

wainuitech
18-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Long shot-- Open programs and features, by either start/Control Panel/ programs features, or click start, type in Programs, locate Programs and features --- Locate Windows Live Essentials, Click uninstall /Change up top, "repair all Windows Live Programs".
it may pay to reboot, then try again -- See if it makes any difference.