PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Document of Multiple Pages

Cyberhuskey
16-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I have a question where there is surely an easy answer but for some reason I don't get it.

I have to scan a document of multiple pages in .pdf. I get for 1 page 1 file, but of course I want the whole document in 1 file and not distributed over multiple files. How do I do this?

My current solution is to scan in the pages as .jpg files and then merge them in Open.Office's Impress and then convert the the file to .pdf.

Many thanks in advance for hints.

wratterus
16-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I would think the bundled scanning software may have an option for multiple page pdf doc. If not, what you're doing is probably about as graceful as it'll get.

kahawai chaser
16-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Possible solutions are noted here (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090320152449AAD7oHx), but a bit similar to what wratterus and yourself mention, you have to muck around copying, changing formats, merging, etc. I think all in one pdf scan/merge software are generally paid versions.

gary67
16-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I create PDF's from several document types using Bulzip PDF creator and it allows me to append documents so that they all appear as one

Nomad
16-12-2010, 04:07 PM
You need a PDF creator something like Adobe Acrobat (full one, not reader) or equiv. so you can COMBINE PDF pages.

You can also make scanning easier with some of the multifunctionals - they have a auto sheet feeder, some even do double side - like a traditional photocopier. A few flatbeds can also do with an optiona attachment.

PS. Sometimes the scanner software has it too, like I have Epson Scan and when you save a PDF at the end it ask you to continue or final. If you select final it will save and name the PDF file. If you say continue it will wait to you do more scanning and each time it will ask the same question. Once you say final, it will save all those scan jobs into the same PDF document.