PDA

View Full Version : Thomson > TG585 - wireless

SolMiester
14-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi all, anyone have one of the above Telecom routers?....The neighbour would like to restrict access of the sons x-box.
My Linksys can restrict via time, can the Thompsons do this...? Cant see anything in the manual!

fred_fish
14-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I got one I'm just using as an AP.
Just had a quick surf through the options and it looks like no time based control.
You can block sites by name, but it would be manually operated.

psycik
14-12-2010, 08:56 PM
these things have a pretty extensive telnet based api. I had the manual here somewhere - so that may do what you want.

http://www.technicolorbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=6064

Chilling_Silence
14-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Still don't believe that they do time-based conditions though. Get a WRT54GL and put Tomato or Gargoyle on it :)

ubergeek85
15-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Doesn't really have any good blocking options. Maybe you could map the port that the xbox uses to another computer. Not sure how well this would work, but in theory it would break communications from MS back to the xbox. That, or you could just change the WPA key.

pablo d
15-12-2010, 10:30 AM
That, or you could just change the WPA key.
yep, or I think you can set a password on the xbox itself so you can't change the network settings, and just fudge them so it can't connect to XBL.

SolMiester
15-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Doesn't really have any good blocking options. Maybe you could map the port that the xbox uses to another computer. Not sure how well this would work, but in theory it would break communications from MS back to the xbox. That, or you could just change the WPA key.

Changing the key all the time is not an option...the idea is to limit or regulate the connectivity to the internet.......

Chilling_Silence
15-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Gargoyle or Tomato is the ideal solution then. You can set bandwidth limits as well as time-of-day limits :)