PDA

View Full Version : To name or not to name, that is the question...

Myth
13-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Had a bad dealing with a company well revered in this forum:
(names/email addy have been changed but still give good idea of issue)

To whom it may concern,

These items arrived today for which I am very thankful.

However, this experience with your company has marred the brilliant service record I have received in the past. Normally, I would rate your service 10/10, but after the following issues, I am very disheartened.

Brief background of this transaction - I did some work for a charitable organisation. Their policy is not to pay direct, but gift the equivalent. So I said that as payment I wanted components from Computer Lounge.

These were the issues that I experienced:

Issue 1: For over a year now, my name has been in the system as Tony, on the 10/12/2010 (see below) you send me email and on the 13/12/2010 a package named Toni... an inconsistency that I would like clarified and amended.

Issue 2: For over a year now, my email address has been listed as nopes@gmail.com. For some reason, you sent a verification message (first time credit card use) to noees@gmail.com. Not only is the email address wrong; but you then removed funds from the credit card anyway - which to me is a major issue on your behalf and definitely needs to be looked into.

Issue 3: I phoned your company to follow up because I noted on the website that there was nothing about my order being processed, or anything that the order had even been received. This call was made after verification that the card had been drawn on. The man I spoke to (and I wish I could remember his name) appeared to not listen to me twice. He kept saying to me "the email address is wrong, you have no order in the system". I told him twice that this is the code, follow it up. Both times he cut in while I was attempting to read out the code, to tell me there was no order. Finally I raised my voice and told him to check the code given on the credit card - to trace back and find a valid email address.
It was after this call, that I received the email below, with the correct email address.

Issue 4: as part of my order, I ordered this component:
LINKSYS WUSB54GC COMPACT WIRELESS-G USB ADAPTER
In the description page, it quite clearly states:

"To install, simply plug the Adapter into any available USB port. (It's compatible with both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports, but 2.0 will yield the fastest speeds.) You can plug it directly into your PC, or use the included USB extension cord to put the Adapter anywhere you'd like, up to five feet away."
The extension cable was one reason I ordered this particular component. When it arrives, I open the package to find it does not include an extension cable. ???

Can someone please look into the above issues.

Granted I am not a high usage member of your site, but I am a member of a large NZ based computer forum who think very highly of your company (which is the only reason I started using your services).

Regards
Dependent on their reply will depend on whether they are named.
The credit card issue is a major mistake though.

inphinity
13-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Brief background of this transaction - I did some work for a charitable organisation. Their policy is not to pay direct, but gift the equivalent. So I said that as payment I wanted components from Computer Lounge.

Dependent on their reply will depend on whether they are named.
The credit card issue is a major mistake though.

It seems like they already have been ;)

SolMiester
13-12-2010, 09:05 AM
It seems like they already have been ;)
^

SP8's
13-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Bugger ... dontcha just hate it when that happens .... :blush:

Myth
13-12-2010, 09:13 AM
:facepalm

And I thought I had edited all that out

Anyway, yeah Im pissed

pctek
13-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Well CL is generally known for good customer service. I guess they can make a mistake. It's what happens now that determines whether they are still good or are losing it........

gary67
13-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I hope they are still good I just RMA a motherboard back today

Myth
13-12-2010, 10:43 AM
OK, just got a call from CL...

somehow a new account was created (I am unsure how as all my passwords and log-in's are recorded) and it was this account that was used. Anyway it may have been a typo on my behalf and in some sort of dream a new account made. For that, I will accept responsibility. The transaction went through this new account.

When I asked about the credit card verification, he is not too sure what happened there, but will follow up.

And they are sending me out the USB extension cable :)

As per normal CL were prompt and friendly in their response - although we aren't 100% sure what has actually happened, I am happy with the end result - that they are looking into it, and I am receiving the cable :D

pablo d
13-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Like Leo Vincent used to say - It's the putting right that counts ;)

pablo d
13-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Actually, it was Alan. Ha. Carry on.

John H
13-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Actually, it was Alan. Ha. Carry on.

And his surname was Martin actually... Ha. Still, two out of two wrong shows consistency! :lol:

I only had dealings with Alan Martin once, when his uncle act on teevee slipped a bit.

He phoned me and accused me in a most unpleasant way of not making a payment on my hp and what was I going to do about what I owed him? I informed him (in high dudgeon mood because of his manner) that I had paid my account off several months early, and was still waiting for him to refund overpaid interest. What was he going to do about what HE owed ME?

He got the message, and paid up, with a certain amount of bad grace. Dealing with the man who put on the kind uncle act on TV "it's the putting right that counts" was instructive...

pablo d
13-12-2010, 05:43 PM
And his surname was Martin actually... Ha. Still, two out of two wrong shows consistency! :lol:

His name was still Leo Vincent o_O 1 for 2 thank you very much.

The Error Guy
13-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Glad you CL deal turned out nice, I'm trying to fix a Lowara pump atm, emailed them about 2 weeks ago enquiring about spares. no reply. ever.