PDA

View Full Version : Creative Sound blaster Live Value Card

tirikatene
12-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Am reviving an older desktop for the kids which had a Win98 operating system.

Have upgrade to XP and now find the sound card will not work because the old driver is not compatible with XP.

Downloaded new software that should have upgraded the card to 2000/XP and although all the setting indicate it is working properly and Media is showing CD's are playing, cannot get any sound.

All volume controls, mutes and such are all open but nothing.
Hoping I am not required to get into the bios as it is password protected and do not know the manufacturers password.

Maybe the card is faulty and its a lost cause?

Thanks Guys

Speedy Gonzales
12-12-2010, 09:08 AM
So you installed XP over 2000? Its not a clean install? The BIOS probably wont have anything for the sound, since its not onboard sound.

I would uninstall whatever you installed. Then go to the windowsupdate site. See if there are any audio drivers there

Altho, you may or may not get all the options the drivers would give you. Was the software you installed (that says it upgrades the sw from 2k to XP from Creative)??

Or click on the bottom here (http://support.creative.com/downloads/) once you uninstall the software you installed. See if it installs something that works

Snorkbox
12-12-2010, 10:19 AM
There are drivers for the SB Live card for WinXP. I used to run same with no problems.

wainuitech
12-12-2010, 10:32 AM
First make sure all the drivers have installed, right click "my Computer" / properties/Hardware Tab/ Device manager -- Make sure there are no ? or ! marks.

Then go into the control Panel /Sounds and Audio Devices / Audio Tab, make sure Sound Blaster is selected in the audio option.

I assume you have tried different outlets on the card - some use the green, others use the black as an output.

Trev
12-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Go Here (http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=1#type_1) and click on the software autoupdate button lower right of page. You may have to download and install a small program for this to work.
:)