PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day

Deimos
10-12-2010, 10:45 PM
My Abit SP50 speakers died today, I'll hold the funeral for my beloved PC speakers next week... :(

In the mean time I'm shopping for suitable replacements, and having a really hard time with it too...

My Abit SP50's had 35W RMS across 2 6" subs (in a single ported enclosure) which reproduced superb bass, but I can't find anything that would come close without going overboard (like the z5500 which wouldn't fit under my desk) the Logitech G51 looks like it would be a good fit but it doesn't look like anyone has stock.

Does anyone have any experience with the Z506? the overall wattage is lower but what is the sound quality like?

Can anyone else suggest a 5.1 set up for sub $300?

qazwsxokmijn
10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Do you really want a 5.1 setup? A high end 2.0 can easily outperform a 5.1 setup though you won't have that surround sound. Very recently I bought a set of Creative Gigaworks T40 which had to replaced. Then the replacement developed another fault. While they work working fine the T40 produced very nice sound, bass wasn't too bad for a speaker of its size. But since I've come across two faulty T40s in a row I didn't take another chance and stepped up to a Microlab Solo 5C which is considerably better than the T40, though it's significantly larger.

Deimos
10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Well this set lasted me 8+ years, also I absolutely don't want a 2 or 2.1 setup, I have some big ass floor standing speakers and a 2 X 100W RMS amp I could use if I was willing to go back to stereo, but I'm not.

I'm not interested in loudness either, I have a set of Z5500 in the lounge which are surprisingly house shaking, and as for music I have a high end set of IEMs (UE TripleFi 10)

Just want 5.1 for gaming.