PDA

View Full Version : Vodaphone 3G Network

zqwerty
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
My Vodastick hasn't been able to connect since last night, is anyone else having problems?

I can connect via GPRS using the stick but this is dial up speed.

Chilling_Silence
08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
If you ring Vodafone, occasionally there are issues that they're not aware of, and they can do certain things to certain towers to rectify speed / connectivity issues :)

zqwerty
08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok I did as Chill said and phoned business help desk after giving up twice with the home desk due to waiting so long with music playing.

The web site said no issues but eventually I spoke to a man with a foreign accent, Indian I think, he was helpful but as I could not give him the security code which is at the office I had to validate myself by saying the boss had phoned in the afternoon twice, he found my device from the sim card number and said that they had been having issues and I should just keep trying.

I said thanks and hung up.

I tried again to connect about 5 mins later and guess what,........it worked, draw your own conclusions.

This is the fourth time that the same RAS error 619 has happened and after a phone call all has been well. Googling this error brings up plenty of hits from people all over the World on Vodafone, and the consensus is that it means the fault is at the Vodafone end.

Even if you have paid the bill you can still be cut off halfway through the month as if you have not paid. This is the second time it has happened to me.

Chilling_Silence
09-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Yep, I blame Vodafone pretty much :p

Glad you got it sorted! :)