PDA

View Full Version : I hate bing

cemeterywalker
08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I accidentally got bing. I want to return to firefox and have google for my search engine.

I don't know how it happened but I can't get rid of it.

there is no house icon or down arrow on the list of junk from bing, only msn news, celebrity, video, weather, hotmail, messenger, games, lifestyle, facebook, twitter and translate.:waughh:

gary67
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Bing is a search engine not an Internet viewing site, do you mean Bing comes up in Internet explorer?

Agent_24
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Bing is a website.
Firefox is a web browser.

Websites are viewed with a web browser.

It sounds to me as if your default web browser has been changed to internet explorer.

Go to your start menu, find "mozilla firefox" and run it. It should ask you if you want to set it as your default browser - choose yes.

FAB
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Not really related but it still cracks me up how many people do this:
Tell them go to (for example) www.nzherald.co.nz and so what do they do? They go to Google, and then google www.nzherald.co.nz and then click on the link when it appears on the results list.

Am I the only one that sees this almost daily??

(Apologies - this isn't related to this post at all!)

Safari
08-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Tell them go to (for example) www.nzherald.co.nz and so what do they do? They go to Google, and then google www.nzherald.co.nz and then click on the link when it appears on the results list.

That is very common, I see that a lot.

SP8's
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
In the chrome browser all you have to do is enter nzh .... nzherald comes up in a list of possible sites you want to visit.

Back to the original question ... sounds like Bing has been made homepage ... just type in your preferred homepage and set it in preferences.

Or Agent24 could be right ... check to see what browser your opening and change it if it isn't your preferred default browser.

08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Many people now call IE "google" & honestly dont know what internet explorer/Mozilla is. Its just 'google'

The Error Guy
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM

every day, or when I actually type the address and chrome thinks I was searching and gives me the link in a search :rolleyes: