PDA

View Full Version : Recording speed too slow

Zlayolon
29-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi
I need help with my cd recording speed, anyone know what might be a problem?
I bought new pc, motherboard is Asus p5qpl-am, Cd-Dvd recorder is some Super Writemaster, also with some words Speedplus on it. It's connected through Sata.
I can't choose burning speed faster than 8x, tho i use cd-r Traxdata 52 x media. I can choose 4x. This is happenin when i try to burn in win 7 home, on win 7 premium, with Nero 7 too...

Win 7 home couldn't started internet conection with D-link wirelles adapter while Win 7 premium did it without any problems...

Thats all, soz for my bad english.

Speedy Gonzales
29-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Try connecting the dvd writer to another SATA port on the motherboard

Zlayolon
29-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Tryed, same thing.

jareemon
29-11-2010, 07:06 AM
have you made sure the drive's manufacturer software/drivers are installed correctly?

gary67
29-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Try using something like Burnaware free, it allows you to manually set the burn speed. I have never liked nero always seems to cause problems I would un install Nero

dugimodo
29-11-2010, 08:27 AM
try a different brand of disk, some burners default to a low speed if the media is unrecognised. If this is the case it can sometimes be fixed with a firmware update if you feel confident trying that.

Zlayolon
30-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Win home was installed when I bought this Pc, and all drivers, bought it from top Pc seller in Croatia.
I tried Cd burner Xp, same thing.
My cousin works for Universities managing Pc-s, tried to do firmware for one hour, didn't succeed, maybe he had little time, he had to go for a trip home to another town...
I didn't tried another media tho, but traxdata is ok brand here...On my other Pc-s it works fine...

First day I got Pc, I put one more Sata and one more Ata-133 hard disk...I don't think they can confuze cd writer tho

Zlayolon
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I tried some other things too, but consider this topic solved, i threw my Dvd writer in the garbage, but ty all for trying to help